• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Okay... If you are a True Bull, you know we can only have 1 winnning program: either Bball or football, not both

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Look at our history and tell me I'm wrong. When men's bball does well, football stinks like rotten eggs.

Sooo... The silver lining is this: This is probably going to be a good year of men's bball, considering how we are playing football only for the exercise.

Get ready for USF men's hoops!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

Look at our history and tell me I'm wrong. When men's bball does well, football stinks like rotten eggs.

Sooo... The silver lining is this: This is probably going to be a good year of men's bball, considering how we are playing football only for the exercise.

Get ready for USF men's hoops!

smart dog GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

Football sounds like the easy choice, but being good in the AAC amounts to a whole lot of nothing.  Basketball would have more of a chance to make some noise on the national scene if they could be really good once in a while.  Winning two games in the NCAA tournament in 2012 is better than any season the football team has ever had.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I'd love for both to be good at the same time but I'll take one or the other.   It sure feels like they have both been underwhelming to say the least in the same year many times.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

Florida is the only school in NCAA Division I history to hold the men's basketball and football championships during the same school year. This happened in 2009. When I went to UF we sucked ass in basketball and nobody thought we would ever catch up to football but we did. So if UF can have. good football and basketball team, so can USF. 

10 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Florida is the only school in NCAA Division I history to hold the men's basketball and football championships during the same school year. This happened in 2009. When I went to UF we sucked ass in basketball and nobody thought we would ever catch up to football but we did. So if UF can have. good football and basketball team, so can USF. 

We don't have anywhere near the same resources UF has .... it doesn't mean we can't have some years where both teams are good/competitive, but it is a much harder task

• Upvote 1

Just now, chapelbull said:

We don't have anywhere near the same resources UF has .... it doesn't mean we can't have some years where both teams are good/competitive, but it is a much harder task

Plenty of schools without UF resources have had success. Look at all of these small schools that have made the final four. You dont need a big budget for basketball. Just 12 good players. 

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Plenty of schools without UF resources have had success. Look at all of these small schools that have made the final four. You dont need a big budget for basketball. Just 12 good players. 

You don't even need 12 good players, but I was referring to both sports at once being championship caliber.  

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

You don't even need 12 good players, but I was referring to both sports at once being championship caliber.  

I agree the football part is the hardest. But hell NOBODY at UF had faith in the basketball program until Billy Donovan came.