• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone looking to revisit that none of this is on the current coaches?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

We have no identity and do nothing well. We scored because Memphis had no respect for us and kept going for it on fourth down.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

We have no identity and do nothing well. We scored because Memphis had no respect for us and kept going for it on fourth down.

Who’s job is it to create an identity?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, puc86 said:

Who’s job is it to create an identity?

Oh I am not defending him. Just airing my frustrations especially with Coach Scott’s inability to recognize a competent QB and love affair with the McCloud family doomed us.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bullrush33 said:

Oh I am not defending him. Just airing my frustrations especially with Coach Scott’s inability to recognize a competent QB and love affair with the McCloud family doomed us.

I’m also not roasting him, I just want improvement and part of that is accepting your role in the failures and taking the reigns of the situation to fix the things that you can.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And those pieces have been here all season and could have been used to win a few games. Only ND was completely out of reach but CJS and the coaches he assembled have found a way to make competing with ECU look prohibitively impossible. No one expected this team was assembled to win them all but that we have not won any of them is entirely on CJS and his reign.

We should three wins right now

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And those pieces have been here all season and could have been used to win a few games. Only ND was completely out of reach but CJS and the coaches he assembled have found a way to make competing with ECU look prohibitively impossible. No one expected this team was assembled to win them all but that we have not won any of them is entirely on CJS and his reign.

I'm not going to assume those guys were ready to play this whole season. They may not have been mentally ready to play their roles/know their assignments. The young guys that have been out there have been thrown out on the field early and a few are figuring it out.This team is still vastly undersized, can't pass block, terrible on the DL, doesn't have an answer at QB, lacks consistent playmakers on the outside, and isn't very physical. There are some glimmers of hope but I still maintain the same thing I've been saying before CJS got here. This is a 3 year rebuild to being a good football team because we need a talent infusion. We have a few pieces but we have far more holes in this roster and that's without even considering depth. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Yea this game was completely on the coaches. Turtled up and tried to hang on to win. They just tried to hang on when they went up by 13. Scary spot to be against an offense that has the ability to score quickly. Several questionable play calls today. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, BiggTipp said:

Yea this game was completely on the coaches. Turtled up and tried to hang on to win. They just tried to hang on when they went up by 13. Scary spot to be against an offense that has the ability to score quickly. Several questionable play calls today. 

It was stupid to trust a defense that have up very little for 3.5 quarters. You guys are amazing. If anything, this is on it DC.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Agreed. Just glad this is happening know in a throw away year and not when/if the roster is loaded and we have real expectations. Hopefully CJS and Weiss are quick learners.

Also, other than Cincy, this conference is weak ass this year. It won’t take much to get to .500 if conditions are similar going forward.