• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You are coach for a day

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

My thinking is Scott said that believing he could actually come in and be at about a 4 or 5 win team. I think he felt he was a season or 2 away. Looks like we are 4 or 5 years away with the personnel we have size and experience wise. 

We need size at certain positions immediately. Only way is through transfers. 

Agreed. Strong up front is our only path back. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

I’m not saying another qb/coach and a air raid attack couldnt take this team and produce more excitement and have us scoring 40 a game and losing. Hell I’d like to see that over this. 

But we don’t have the talent and its obvious. It’s not enough to say we live in florida...We don’t need the best players on the planet but we do need talent and we do not have it right now minus the rb’s. i’m reserving to judge the coaches just yet but it’s getting close to calling out the play calling and scheme because it’s miserable.

our goals should be very simple even though it wont be simple but recruit offensive linemen and defensive linemen until we have the skill and size up front to win with ****** players! We can get enough scraps and succeed at the skill positions offensively. Bottom line were getting manhandled and what skill or speed we do have is irrelevent. 

This reminds me of the HBO show Silicone Valley when they get a new CEO and have to change the entire company in order to get the best sales people. The founder asks if they are the best why can’t they sell what they have and the new CEO explains that no the best sales people only want to sell the best and easiest things. Literally anyone can be the best coach if they have the best talent evert time but no one is going to convince me that our talent is 5x worse than every other team in this ****** conference and only better than the loan FBS team on our schedule. Our coaching staff is a failure by any and every measure and they alone can improve the problems they were hired to fix and have only made worse by every measurable.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

1 minute ago, Mango028 said:

Agreed. Strong up front is our only path back. 

Or another razzle dazzle magician QB to cover up the nightmare 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536

Just now, Rocky Style said:

Just now, Rocky Style said:

Thats been usf football for as long as i have known them minus flowers era. When we could actually pass it all over the field and score in a matter of seconds...how far away that feels now.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

My thinking is Scott said that believing he could actually come in and be at about a 4 or 5 win team. I think he felt he was a season or 2 away. Looks like we are 4 or 5 years away with the personnel we have size and experience wise. 

We need size at certain positions immediately. Only way is through transfers. 

I mean in all fairness it’s so simple a ccs can do it so it would make sense a good coach could but alas...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

13 hours ago, hm101 said:

1. We are back at practice on Monday. What's your priority?

2. When the season is over, do you pack with the portal for 2021, or play the long game and recruit freshmen?

3. Who do you start at Memphis and what's your game plan?

(OK so I guess coach for multiple days)

you recuit both portal and freshman and jc players

Edited by smazza

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

12 hours ago, puc86 said:

If we recruited our butt off for a single year we would have more talent than 75% of the conference our problems are deeper than the players on the roster and anyone that thinks they need an entire roster of the best players in the conference to just be competitive just isn’t going to ever get it done.

this is true and this is reason for optimism

we can turn this around in 2 years 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294

31 minutes ago, smazza said:

this is true and this is reason for optimism

we can turn this around in 2 years 

Agreed. We’ve done and seen it before so there’s no reason to think it can’t be done again.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

The saddest part is that Strong would have probably won 3-4 games with this group and Scott will win one game.  The talent is not great on the team but the coaching staff looks like they are lost in the woods.  I'm sure Scott likes all the money and his giant mansion but I'm sure he didn't think things would be this bad on the field.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

50 minutes ago, jg233 said:

The saddest part is that Strong would have probably won 3-4 games with this group and Scott will win one game.  The talent is not great on the team but the coaching staff looks like they are lost in the woods.  I'm sure Scott likes all the money and his giant mansion but I'm sure he didn't think things would be this bad on the field.

His dad was a bust as a HC and it appears like father like son.