• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You take a TO to call a sweep on the 2 point conversion?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Such a ****** call...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  90
  • Days Won:  0

That was a costly timeout as it took away any chance of getting the ball back. How were coaches not prepared for the two point conversion? Someone on the staff should have had a couple options ready to go during the drive.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

3 minutes ago, 84Bull said:

That was a costly timeout as it took away any chance of getting the ball back. How were coaches not prepared for the two point conversion? Someone on the staff should have had a couple options ready to go during the drive.

Maybe they, like me, knew there was no way we were getting it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

43 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Maybe they, like me, knew there was no way we were getting it.

Then don’t call the time out. 3 time outs you still have a chance to get the ball back and score. That time out was worse than the actual play call which was not good 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

Then don’t call the time out. 3 time outs you still have a chance to get the ball back and score. That time out was worse than the actual play call which was not good 

This.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

It’s not the coaches fault that they called that play just wait and see how it looks again in three years...

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Bad call and horrible use of a TO.  Hopefully these are growing pains with such a young coaching staff and they learn from this.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

It is one of the worst coaching decisions I can recall at USF, which is saying something.  Wasting the valuable TO which did not allow them a chance to get the ball back after a failed onside kick coupled running left, short side, right handed QB, was ridiculous.  I could maybe understand the call without a TO and they had the play called prior to the score and they then ran the play but not after a TO.   I guess I am a novice but why wasn’t the ball on a 2 pt conversion put in the middle of the field and not on the left hash? Either way they are young, inexperienced, and they shat the bed, hopefully they learn and have better contingency plans next time out.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

22 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It is one of the worst coaching decisions I can recall at USF, which is saying something.  Wasting the valuable TO which did not allow them a chance to get the ball back after a failed onside kick coupled running left, short side, right handed QB, was ridiculous.  I could maybe understand the call without a TO and they had the play called prior to the score and they then ran the play but not after a TO.   I guess I am a novice but why wasn’t the ball on a 2 pt conversion put in the middle of the field and not on the left hash? Either way they are young, inexperienced, and they shat the bed, hopefully they learn and have better contingency plans next time out.

In all fairness to them with our typical scoring gaps and our typical number of TDs scores I’m not entirely sure I would have invested much effort in having a plan for what to do if down by two and having just scored a touchdown. You can only have so many plans in place and typically you pick the most likely scenarios this scenario seemed almost unfathomable just a week ago.

• Haha 1