• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is It Time to Think About Moving Down to the FBS Level - Seriously?

Voters Decide  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

My premise is that our failure to build a strong, revenue-generating athletic department has put as at a competitive disadvantage for the next round of realignment in or around 2025. I strongly believe that UCF's commitment to fund athletics has put itself in prime position for a P5 invite, while USF is now barely even mentioned in those conversations. If/when UCF makes the move to the P5 and we are left behind, we will again feel that seismic shift to the point where whatever money that remains will dry up and we will be left with the decision to fold or move down.

This is not being looked at through the lens of the ECU game, but through the lens of a 13 year period from 2012 to 2025. UCF's and USF's current diverging trajectory is now only setting this scenario up as a possibility, but a likelihood.

Clearly you haven’t heard that we are a package deal, there is no way they would throw away the value that brings in order to do a little thing like be in a better conference. #strongertogether

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

Good grief. College football ebbs and flows. Will those posturing for a demotion will you stop coming to the board if we don’t demote ourselves next year? 

Guest Jonesy Bull
37 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

My premise is that our failure to build a strong, revenue-generating athletic department has put as at a competitive disadvantage for the next round of realignment in or around 2025. I strongly believe that UCF's commitment to fund athletics has put itself in prime position for a P5 invite, while USF is now barely even mentioned in those conversations. If/when UCF makes the move to the P5 and we are left behind, we will again feel that seismic shift to the point where whatever money that remains will dry up and we will be left with the decision to fold or move down.

This is not being looked at through the lens of the ECU game, but through the lens of a 13 year period from 2012 to 2025. UCF's and USF's current diverging trajectory is now only setting this scenario up as a possibility, but a likelihood.

Im not going to get pulled into a discussion about comparing our program to UCF.  Ill leave that to all the other folks that love to do that.

Regarding USF, we have alot of work to do for sure.  I truly believe we have the right people in place with Kelly in charge and CJS for that matter.   I think they are doing the best they can to improve the program.  This covid year have put their plans in slow gear.

Past administrations, could they have done better and put more emphasis on upgrading the football program?  Yes probably.....But its not like they did nothing.  Basketball, Soccer, Baseball and Softball facilities were badly need of upgrade.....only so much money to go around Brother.

Guest Jonesy Bull
37 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Im not going to get pulled into a discussion about comparing our program to UCF.  Ill leave that to all the other folks that love to do that.

Regarding USF, we have alot of work to do for sure.  I truly believe we have the right people in place with Kelly in charge and CJS for that matter.   I think they are doing the best they can to improve the program.  This covid year have put their plans in slow gear.

Past administrations, could they have done better and put more emphasis on upgrading the football program?  Yes probably.....But its not like they did nothing.  Basketball, Soccer, Baseball and Softball facilities were badly need of upgrade.....only so much money to go around Brother.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

15 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I do alot of due diligence for M&A's and sometimes its hard to turn that side of my brain off and not look at this as a business as opposed to entertainment. 

Do you ever read your posts and wonder if you ever come across as a pompous arse?  You are a smart guy but please don’t feel the need to tell us every chance you get.  I am an ******* at times and welcome the constructive criticism, a statement like the one above is off putting IMO, and this is coming from an ******* so I know what I am talking about.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

And 8 years ago I didn't think we wouldn't be in a BCS conference or would be one of the worst programs in FBS. 

Clearly you didn't follow puc's postings after CJL's dismissal .....

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

You are welcome, I do what I can to ensure we make this board a better place for all, It is my altruism that always seems to bubble to the top.  I like the new Bry, very accepting.

Just now, Triple B said:

Clearly you didn't follow puc's postings after CJL's dismissal .....

Should I recap it for those that missed it? Sometimes I worry I haven’t been clear enough over the past eleven years and it never hurts to drive home your message for those that may need remediation.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

You are welcome, I do what I can to ensure we make this board a better place for

Maybe you should set your sights on the Pittsburgh Kid ....

Just now, Triple B said:

Maybe you should set your sights on the Pittsburgh Kid ....

Speaking of plans destined for failure...