• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is It Time to Think About Moving Down to the FBS Level - Seriously?

Voters Decide  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

This thread makes me vomit.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

image.jpeg

Star Wars also makes me vomit.  Ban Disney!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

image.jpeg

I think they would shut it down before going FBS. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Moving down a level costs you 7 million in TV revenue alone (probably 10M in total conference revenue).

Plus, there is no guarantee you will be better by moving down a level.  None.  By moving down, you recruit a lower level athlete, and so there's no guarantee you will compete at the lower level either.

If UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis, heck even Navy can recruit enough decent athletes for field a decent team year in and year out, we should be able to also.  

How can Tulane and Tulsa get better players than we can?  Are they bringing in super recruits?  We should be able to get enough players to compete in this conference every single year.

The team has quit on Jeff Scott this year.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Moving down a level costs you 7 million in TV revenue alone (probably 10M in total conference revenue).

Plus, there is no guarantee you will be better by moving down a level.  None.  By moving down, you recruit a lower level athlete, and so there's no guarantee you will compete at the lower level either.

If UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis, heck even Navy can recruit enough decent athletes for field a decent team year in and year out, we should be able to also.  

How can Tulane and Tulsa get better players than we can?  Are they bringing in super recruits?  We should be able to get enough players to compete in this conference every single year.

The team has quit on Jeff Scott this year.

90% of the players quit on themselves first and these same players have no business on this team. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

90% of the players quit on themselves first and these same players have no business on this team. 

If players don’t have enough pride to give it their all...then you’re right they need to go. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

This week, finally, a ray of hope.  I joined another university's booster club.  Always need a fail safe plan -- particularly this year, being a USF and FSU alum.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Its probably not a bad idea to have a real football program on the side so Saturday's aren't so miserable. USF athletics has probably ruined more lives than Covid.

If that’s the case then Florida State is probably not the way you’d wanna go right now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

8 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

If that’s the case then Florida State is probably not the way you’d wanna go right now.

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Agreed. FSU is a burning turd right now.

Precisely.  I opted for a third-party candidate of a small college program in my adopted home town.  As some have noted, the smaller programs can be more fun anyway.  Ironically, yesterday I also received in the mail acknowledgment of my Bulls Club renewal for the coming year and a USF alumni donation appeal.