• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is It Time to Think About Moving Down to the FBS Level - Seriously?

Voters Decide  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

As a Bulls fan not familiar with the board and I look in to see titles such as ....

"Its Time to Think About Moving Down to the FBS Level - Seriously"    x 2

"USF Football is Dead. RIP 1997-2020"

..... not sure I would even bother to stop and read ..... but if I do and then run across some of the land mines laid down by the pucster, I'm thinking this may be a joke Bulls fan site.

Hold up, other people are being serious about this ****? 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Most people would have thought UCF lapping USF athletically just 6 years ago as a joke. Our rapid fall should be an alarm for all USF fans that things can get worse, and it will if the trajectory is not changed. 

Instead people want to squabble about ifs, whens and conjugation. Joking about the serious cross-roads our athletic department is at, just shows that, to quote Michael Kelly, "our fan base sucks".

It all reflects management 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

40 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Most people would have thought UCF lapping USF athletically just 6 years ago as a joke. Our rapid fall should be an alarm for all USF fans that things can get worse, and it will if the trajectory is not changed. 

Instead people want to squabble about ifs, whens and conjugation. Joking about the serious cross-roads our athletic department is at, just shows that, to quote Michael Kelly, "our fan base sucks".

I am not sure what you want any of us to do?  At the end of the day, i was ok before we had a team and will be ok if they disappear.  The recent trajectory has made the thought of not wasting time and money on this nonsense acceptable, we don’t have a product worth supporting and nothing leads me to believe that will change anytime soon.  I used to look forward to theses games and get excited, now if they cancel the game it is almost a blessing.  Maybe our fan base does suck but I still find it hard to believe we suck any worse then this team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Not exactly

One reads in the interrogative:

Too subtle I suppose?

My bad ......... but it was too subtle.

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Maybe that's why I am being an alarmist.

Alarmist, pessimist, narcissist, antagonist, you got them all covered.  Call Mike again and share your thoughts with him, maybe you can save the program from the abyss.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

55 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

This Chicken Little, Drama Queen ******** is getting tiresome. You're totally ignoring the proof I gave that things aren't as dismal as you'd like us to believe. Some don't want to hear it but CWT showed that we can get back into relevancy in the world of college football but we followed that up with a bad fit. We'll see how this one pans out ..... he does have his work cut out for him with things working against him at this point. Kelly significantly increased ticket sales and Contributions from the time he got here. Obviously they'll be a step backward this year so your trajectory whining will have some ammo after this year ...... at least you probably won't have to cherry pick "facts" to continue this narrative.

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

I'd just suggest the same things that I did before. Its not a good use of his time or mine.

I can be an optimist at times too!

I know you can, but Faza probably has a point and Trips gave you some solid advice.  We all know that we suck and don’t need to have multiple threads showing all the ways that we are awful, we know this.  

Guest Jonesy Bull

We are not losing the program or moving down.  This is crazy talk. 

Of course nothing this entire year has made any sense.  So what do I know.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

If I wanted to cheer for a FCS school I wouldn’t have transferred to USF from EWU after my freshman year in 2006. Sure there were a lot of non sports reasons but being in the Big East was something to be proud of.

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

And 8 years ago I didn't think we wouldn't be in a BCS conference or would be one of the worst programs in FBS. 

Well nobody saw the Conference Realignment happening.  It took the entire college football world by surprise.  Us and Cincy, one other I cant think of, got left behind in the AAC.  It is what it is.

Thats not the same thing at what your suggesting.  Falling from the best FBS non P5 conference to FCS or non existent all together....that just sounds totally unrealistic.  Wouldnt one of the worst Sun Belt teams be the first to go.

I agree these are tough times for USF and this is a tough financial year for all programs.  But come on, this is going over board.