• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

And yet he's never been a HC again ......... 

Always very clear when the other side is losing an argument.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

I love how the bear just gets poked, and poked and poked.

I think its reasonable to think that horrible coach, CJL, could have won a flimsy conference crown in the AAC sometime from 2013-2019 but he didn't get a chance.  He didn't win, but competed well, in a BCS conference in the program's first ten years.  With all of that renown in the area/state/nation, I am sure he could have retained a talent level that was at least ten times what it is today and continued to beat the crap out of UCF.  You guys....

Notice how I am staying out of this...can a brother get a cookie? 😀😂

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,530
  • Days Won:  25

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

I have a friend that was 1st in charge of his business for years.  A false allegation and witch hunt forced the upper management to demote him to 2nd in charge after a paid leave of absence. He had 3 years left and his retirement was not impacted at all because of the state  pension plan is top three years highest years of earning . Every year he gets asked to be the top of of a local branch and he says it isn't worth it. He has the remainder of the business year until he retires. CJL probably made enough money that he doesn't want to deal with all the ba at the top anymore.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I love how the bear just gets poked, and poked and poked.

Really?   puc is the king of "poking the bear" .  Every discussion he has on here comes back to CJL getting royally screwed and how pathetic we have been since (of course he ignores how Willy T got us turned around before jetting for the Great Northwest).   I like CJL, would have been happy to have him back, and do think he got a raw deal.   But when every thread turns into puc lamenting our program because CJL is no longer here, it gets kind of old so the obvious has to be pointed out.   CJS has 4 games in a screwed year and he's already decided he sucks .... aka he isn't CJL.   As for winning the AAC, it's been noted over and over that the demise of this program goes back to CJL being railroaded so we can only assume that we would be tearing it up in the SEC right now if he was still here and not wallowing in the  aac.

Save the woe is me act and I'll let you know when I am "losing an argument", but it **** sure isn't now.

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Really?   puc is the king of "poking the bear" .  Every discussion he has on here comes back to CJL getting royally screwed and how pathetic we have been since (of course he ignores how Willy T got us turned around before jetting for the Great Northwest).   I like CJL, would have been happy to have him back, and do think he got a raw deal.   But when every thread turns into puc lamenting our program because CJL is no longer here, it gets kind of old so the obvious has to be pointed out.   CJS has 4 games in a screwed year and he's already decided he sucks .... aka he isn't CJL.   As for winning the AAC, it's been noted over and over that the demise of this program goes back to CJL being railroaded so we can only assume that we would be tearing it up in the SEC right now if he was still here and not wallowing in the  aac.

Save the woe is me act and I'll let you know when I am "losing an argument", but it **** sure isn't now.

All that to say puc brings him up all the time.  If that’s true, why bother doing it yourself?

1 minute ago, Brad said:

All that to say puc brings him up all the time.  If that’s true, why bother doing it yourself?

I don't, but if that's all you got out of that then I guess I can't help you.  

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

I don't, but if that's all you got out of that then I guess I can't help you.  

Not looking for help frosty.  

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

Not looking for help frosty.  

Ok, you win champ.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

44 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I have no clue if CJS will be successful here long term any more than anyone knows he is going to be great. I also hope he is the greatest coach we have ever hired but that does not change the fact that he is off to a horrible start, is doing measurably worse than CCS and his gang of clowns just got ran out of town for, that people are continuing to lower the bar on what will be successful this season (at least now they can’t lower it further) and that we still have found a way to crawl under it.

The difference between 6 wins and 12 is entirely on CCS.  Unfortunately  as CCS could win 4 with this talent it wouldn’t be unreasonable to have a good coach win 6. However we are now aiming for one FCS win and the difference between that and four is entirely on CJS. CJS needs to own the situation he has signed up for and start driving towards that improvement. 

People can make up excuse after excuse about why their hope isn’t matching results but that doesn’t change the fact that we are underachieving for the talent level that we actually have as evidenced by their ability to do better last season.

The time to do better is today and I’m ready for CJS to start showing us tangible improvement that people do not have to rack their imaginations to create.

Also I assure you that I don’t bring up CJL as often as people bring it up to me. My take on the start of this season has everything to do with CJS and CCS and absolutely nothing to do with CJL. The idea that it should take 3 years to turnaround a 4 win team to a 6 win team is an absurd one that I’m just not willing to accept.

33 minutes ago, Brad said:

Ok, you win champ.

college gameday sport GIF