• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

That doesn't play into the we should have rehired never fired CJL narrative

It’s been a pretty solid foundation to build pretty much every argument on for 11 years now, trust me I’m as surprised as anyone by it’s staying power but I guess there is always three years from now when perhaps maybe I’ll have to pick up a new topic assuming all the stars align perfectly.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

It’s been a pretty solid foundation to build pretty much every argument on for 11 years now, trust me I’m as surprised as anyone by it’s staying power but I guess there is always three years from now when perhaps maybe I’ll have to pick up a new topic assuming all the stars align perfectly.

To hear you tell it

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

They have the same amount of conference championships as CJL and less choke jobs, but that hasn't slowed you down

Because by every measure it’s the best anyone has done at this actual job and no one has the conference championship to even begin that argument (paying no attention yo CJL’s uphill battle or this being the worst conference we have ever been in). That being said with regards to wins CJS is looking up at TJ Weist 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Because by every measure it’s the best anyone has done at this actual job and no one has the conference championship to even begin that argument (paying no attention yo CJL’s uphill battle or this being the worst conference we have ever been in). That being said with regards to wins CJS is looking up at TJ Weist 

And yet he's never been a HC again ......... 

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

And yet he's never been a HC again ......... 

That could possibly have more to do with our smear campaign than with his actual performance in coaching 

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That could possibly have more to do with our smear campaign than with his actual performance in coaching 

Sure if you want to cling to that

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Sure if you want to cling to that

Have you seen the resumés of recycled coaches? There is no way that you honestly believe that the HC injustice is strictly football related.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

7 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Add the entire right side of the defense.

Also, I would add, this team appears to be extremely slow and weak.

Covid also took away a big chunk of the off season S&C. Considering we all watched our athleticism decline under CCS we needed all the time we could get to start working back from that. We have a big hill to climb 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

9 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Agreed. Covid hasn't affected us any differently than anyone else. But it has still affected us

I think we finally have an opportunity to have stability. Assuming our coaching staff remains in tact (can't imagine anyone wanting to poach any of our coaches with how terrible we have been), I think the system will finally take a step forward next season. 

It does definitely suck. But until we have some sort of stability that will always be the saying. Can't expect an offense to be productive when it is completely overhauled every offseason. 

Wrong.  While Covid has affected everyone, it has affected some programs more than others.

For example, some programs have had more players quarantined than others.  Some may have had 40 players quarantined, while another program may have had 2 or 3.  That is huge for putting together a lineup.  Some programs were able to participate in spring ball, while others weren't.  Those are just 2 examples on how it affected programs differently.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

That doesn't play into the we should have rehired never fired CJL narrative

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

They have the same amount of conference championships as CJL and less choke jobs, but that hasn't slowed you down

I love how the bear just gets poked, and poked and poked.

I think its reasonable to think that horrible coach, CJL, could have won a flimsy conference crown in the AAC sometime from 2013-2019 but he didn't get a chance.  He didn't win, but competed well, in a BCS conference in the program's first ten years.  With all of that renown in the area/state/nation, I am sure he could have retained a talent level that was at least ten times what it is today and continued to beat the crap out of UCF.  You guys....

• Upvote 1