• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just Checking In On Y'all.....

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Totally agree, CCS no had players on the roster who could compete with the big boys. QF held CCS back when the Bulls "only" went 10-2. Charlie just needed to 3 years to get his players into the program so they could soar to a 4-8 record.

What nonsense is this?? CCS had a ready-made AAC championship-caliber team and he found a way to run the program into the ground when the talent he was given graduated.

Yep well said..  CCS left CJS with a total rebuild.  We have to be patient.  I truly believe he will get us to where we want.  It might take 3 years tho.  What are your thoughts on that?

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

CJS is recruiting his rear off.

This is spot on. CCS inherited a contender and turned it into a pile of steaming s***. When he said we score to fast and we to slow the offense down, the AD should have told him to cut that crap out or be fired.

Yep Outlaw sad but true.  We are where we are.  I have to believe we have the right leaders in place now to bring us up from the ashes.   Just need patience which most dont of us have.  Im one of them. I admit.

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

This year is a complete throw away year for multiple reasons:

• CJS inherited a squad depleted of talent at key positions, and needs to use this season as glorified try outs for next year's team
  • In a year where Covid-19 impacts the routine that a program needs, its impossible to evaluate a coach or team based on wins and losses
  • The NCAA is not counting this year against anyone's eligibility (as I understand it)

For 2021 a 6-6 season is possible if CJS can get him an average FCS quarterback, and expect he has this team competing for a conference championship in 2022. That's likely best case scenario. Any missteps in recruiting, transfers or even CJS's own abilities as a first-time head coach likely pushes that timeline out.

Thanks for your perspective.  Cant argue with your assessment at all.  Hopefully he is able to exceed that expectation somehow.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,872
  • Days Won:  67

11 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

This year is a complete throw away year for multiple reasons:

• CJS inherited a squad depleted of talent at key positions, and needs to use this season as glorified try outs for next year's team
  • In a year where Covid-19 impacts the routine that a program needs, its impossible to evaluate a coach or team based on wins and losses
  • The NCAA is not counting this year against anyone's eligibility (as I understand it)

For 2021 a 6-6 season is possible if CJS can get him an average FCS quarterback, and expect he has this team competing for a conference championship in 2022. That's likely best case scenario. Any missteps in recruiting, transfers or even CJS's own abilities as a first-time head coach likely pushes that timeline out.

We need an average FBS QB vs FCS but otherwise I agree with the assessment.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,423
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, The LCRR said:

I was checking in with the crew to see how things are with the Post CS era. Just be patient with Scott, he is in the same boat that Strong was in. Really no players on the roster who can compete against the big boys. This team will win at least 3 more games. UCF has a decided advantage due to the fact that they actually have a qb and the players have bought into a scheme that is a winning one. This program will be just fine when it plays teams out of the top 40. I know you hate to hear this, but the portal is the best way to get some legit players if you are going to compete with the big dogs. 

Thanks for checking in. What team are you a fan of and where are you from my new friend.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

I'm thinking a Texas fan for the second time.  

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

If they start threads, I'm merging them all into one big troll thread here .........

The Arkansas fans were good folks.  

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

5 hours ago, Brad said:

I wonder if we'll hear from some of our old Arkansas Razorback members today?  

Exactly; glad to hear from you

35 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Exactly; glad to hear from you

Confused Married With Children GIF

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

USF has been on a downward slide since CJL was forced out, sad...

Willie says hi...