• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF actively looking for replacement games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

29 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I have no problem losing to FBS teams, I don’t see any reason to seek out the best FCS team to destroy us in a down year, what is to gain from this?

Nothing, which is why it does not make any sense.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

nobody here wants to play anyone...

Exaggerate much?  

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Don’t worry guys. The Big Sky canceled football so I’m sure other FCS conferences are soon to follow.

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

23 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

10 of the 11 member schools voted not to play due to Covid. Portland State decided not to play because they didn't want football to interfere with their protests.

Any school that will run at a serious deficit without P5 games is going to shut down. Those P5 pay games make an FCS teams year. Hence why I think the rest follow suit soon, it’s the same reason UCONN canceled football. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

No one is afraid of playing people that we may lose to, it is just basic risk/reward analysis and when the teams you suggest have no reward for playing them almost any risk is not worth it .

Any way you want to try and disguise it, that is saying you're afraid of playing someone we may lose to ..... and I'm not disagreeing with the philosophy, just stop trying to put lipstick on the pig. Would replacing "afraid" with "leery" make the truth more palatable?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Any way you want to try and disguise it, that is saying you're afraid of playing someone we may lose to ..... and I'm not disagreeing with the philosophy, just stop trying to put lipstick on the pig. Would replacing "afraid" with "leery" make the truth more palatable?

No it’s not the losing that I take umbrage with it’s the fact that by playing them we lose. We get absolutely nothing in return for wasting our week with them and if you can’t get anything than why bother? Losing would be the icing on the cake but the deserved result of going slumming. If you are going to take your chances at an std it may as well be with the dime that you can brag about for the rest of your life over be crack whore on Nebraska.

• Upvote 1

Actually I change my analogy. We are the whore and it’s worth taking the risk of getting burned for a million dollars or fame but not so much for a dime bag, the high class whore can still hold their head high knowing they valued themselves enough to only turn tricks for something that mattered to them in return.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Actually I change my analogy. We are the whore and ...

That will certainly clear it up for Trip.  

1 minute ago, Brad said:

That will certainly clear it up for Trip.  

If it doesn’t I’m going to offer him $5 to come mow my grass every time he is free because if you are free at any given moment you clearly have to take any offer that is out there simply because it is available and more than you are making at that moment. Sometimes doing nothing is your better option and people employee it every day in their lives even if they can’t afford the same dignity to their college teams.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Actually I change my analogy. We are the whore and it’s worth taking the risk of getting burned for a million dollars or fame but not so much for a dime bag, the high class whore can still hold their head high knowing they valued themselves enough to only turn tricks for something that mattered to them in return.

Does that make MIchael Kelly a pimp?

cosmo kramer pimp GIF

Edited by NewEnglandBull