• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF actively looking for replacement games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

As I said earlier, expect our replacement games to be against other G5 schools.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, brybull1970 said:

I guess they felt they had "everything to lose and nothing to gain" when it came to playing USF...lol

And they would be right

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That is fair and you do not have to bring everything to the table but you have to bring something to the table that is of value beyond an opportunity to lose to an FCS team. Our schedule is already filled with teams that bring nothing to the table, we call them conference games. 

I was not disagreeing with your position, I'd take the same choice.  I was just making the picture a little clearer.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

56 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I just can’t believe how Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Ohio State et al are allowed to get away with being afraid to play us but when it comes to UCF some people can’t understand that just because something is in one persons best interest does not make it necessarily in the other persons best interest. We had passed them in every conceivable way and providing them a forum to our level would be benevolent but was not something we should have been required or expected to routinely do. The paths of the two programs since we became a “package deal” should only speak to just how right CJL was to leave them in the dust, it’s just a shame that we switched leadership and decided to go back and save them instead of continuing to drive forward.

aw-geez-not-this-crap-again.jpg.6379e0714d95a73c02d484680fcf152d.jpg

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

aw-geez-not-this-crap-again.jpg.6379e0714d95a73c02d484680fcf152d.jpg

I did not try to even force it in here this time, it was delivered on a silver platter and I was even getting requests to address this egregious misrepresentation of history.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

I was not disagreeing with your position, I'd take the same choice.  I was just making the picture a little clearer.

I did not believe you were I was just being proactive for the people that would like to litter our path with the dreck of college football instead of aiming upward. Some people enjoy the hoi polloi and I do not begrudge them of that but I not content with our new lives in Schitt's Creek and I want to get back to our correct station in life. There is no outcome where playing NDSU moves us forward in a return to glory and not playing them would be what is in our self interest. 

10 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Here are the Sun Belt schedule openings by school:

• Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina and Troy are all schools with the greatest need to fill open spots
  • Kudos to Texas State who has scheduled 3 non-conference home games, none of which have been cancelled

1709701341_SunBelt.thumb.jpg.5a113e043dda4f9b8c33feda702380c3.jpg

If it’s the difference between playing and not playing, let’s sign these and get it done.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If it’s the difference between playing and not playing, let’s sign these and get it done.

I would rather have a scrimmage than go slumming just because it’s what available, if everyone in the conference is playing AAC games intermixed with Sun Belt games it sends the message that we are the same thing and that’s not very P6 of us.

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would rather have a scrimmage than go slumming just because it’s what available, if everyone in the conference is playing AAC games intermixed with Sun Belt games it sends the message that we are the same thing and that’s not very P6 of us.

It’s a lost year regardless of the circumstances. We are a G5 program there are no messages to send. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s a lost year regardless of the circumstances. We are a G5 program there are no messages to send. 

If P5 teams can go without we should consider the option and not simply fill every spot because the teams are available and we are able to, it is okay to swipe left every now and again and everyone should at least try to have some kind of standards.