• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IF the season gets cancelled....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think the completely new look offense, combined with the slow start in that game, has kind of skewed opinions, IMO. Over 330 yards on the ground, almost 550 total is a disjointed look that hopefully CJS can emulate.

Given that CJS’ first game (at least for now) will be against Texas, 330/550 would be incredible 

As for the ‘17 SJS game, given the offensive firepower that we had, Jimmy Boy, Skippy and Willie would have rolled-up   video game numbers on that team - IMO, it was frustrating to watch (though McCants clear-out block on DJ’s TD run is a top-10 all time football highlight)

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,860
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Luckiest win in the history of our program for sure. But as they say a win is a win. 

Yes and just think, we had a 4 game stretch where we beat Miami, Clemson and Notre Dame.  I still give all the credit to CJL and his players.  We were lucky with Miami as well, but it still was a great time and I wore my garb proudly, I still wear it however I have lost my swagger.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,576
  • Days Won:  423

26 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Given that CJS’ first game (at least for now) will be against Texas, 330/550 would be incredible

Yeah, didn't mean to apply that specifically to CJS's first game, that be crazy, but just overall ...... if we can get half that against UT, should bode well.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yes and just think, we had a 4 game stretch where we beat Miami, Clemson and Notre Dame.  I still give all the credit to CJL and his players.  We were lucky with Miami as well, but it still was a great time and I wore my garb proudly, I still wear it however I have lost my swagger.

****, you’re right. That’s a pretty good stretch. Seems like another galaxy long long ago. 

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, didn't mean to apply that specifically to CJS's first game, that be crazy, but just overall ...... if we can get half that against UT, should bode well.

Keep the spread at 20 or under and he will be worshipped as a god relative to that crap from last year. 

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

****, you’re right. That’s a pretty good stretch. Seems like another galaxy long long ago. 

It does however the lone loss was a conference loss to UCONN to keep things into perspective.  It does seem like a long time ago, at least we had a cup of coffee in the big leagues, it was fleeting but still a lot of freakin fun, must have been an Irish coffee.

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It does however the lone loss was a conference loss to UCONN to keep things into perspective.  It does seem like a long time ago, at least we had a cup of coffee in the big leagues, it was fleeting but still a lot of freakin fun, must have been an Irish coffee.

******* Uconn....

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 hours ago, Triple B said:

He's only talking Game 1's, the opener, of all of our season to choose from here.

And I'd have to go with the inaugural game also ...

Oh my bad.....yeah I have to go with the inaugaral game too.......almost 50K at the Ole Sombero......I was in the top row, the whole family came out, even my Parents.  We were in very top row of the stadium, and enjoyed every minute of it.  And had fajitas and Margharitas right before acrosss the street at Chili's......something I will never forget in my life!

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Oh my bad.....yeah I have to go with the inaugaral game too.......almost 50K at the Ole Sombero......I was in the top row, the whole family came out, even my Parents.  We were in very top row of the stadium, and enjoyed every minute of it.  And had fajitas and Margharitas right before acrosss the street at Chili's......something I will never forget in my life!

Nice, I went with my new wife at the time and my parents as well, we knocked down some beers in the parking lot, was a great crowd.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 hours ago, BiggTipp said:

Ok so lets start a list then. Make game ONE the Game one for the "Lost season of 2020 review". 

Why don't you list them as what place game they were played during the season. Auburn would clearly be the best game #2 USF has ever played. Thats the point of the list.

My apolgies, i missed the point of the list.  I get it now....I would say 1st gave ever, KW at the ole Sombrero.  As most do, so exciting to see USF football actually come to fruition right in front of our own eyes, in front of almost 50K people....#Classic