• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls may play football even if there are no students on campus!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, smazza said:

if the wave hits they will shut it all down quickly

Thanks Captain positive. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

30 minutes ago, smazza said:

if the wave hits they will shut it all down quickly

24 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Thanks Captain positive. 

If the wave hits, don't shut it down quickly?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

If the wave hits, don't shut it down quickly?

How do bootstraps and self reliance fit into a narrative about shutdowns and virus? I’m sure someone somewhere is working on crafting that nonsense. I’m that vein, shutting it down is for sissies

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

14 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

How do bootstraps and self reliance fit into a narrative about shutdowns and virus? I’m sure someone somewhere is working on crafting that nonsense. I’m that vein, shutting it down is for sissies

I'm of the mind that once governments (federal/ state) believe they have done enough to "open" we shouldn't shutdown again for this thing. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, DELdaBull said:

I'm of the mind that once governments (federal/ state) believe they have done enough to "open" we shouldn't shutdown again for this thing. 

I've got no problem with that ........ unless this mystery thing tied to C-19 that's hitting the kids really blows up nationally. Will have a real mess if that happens.

2 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

I know USF sent my wife an email today that goes counter to "all clear, let's play some football!" But, it's not entirely surprising they're going to treat employees and regular students different than football players.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Thats my worry also...Wonder if they could push the start of college football to start earlier this year 

Highly doubtbul, they are having a hard enough time to try to get the season start on regular time.

The MLB and possibly the NBA and NHL experienced this Summer will be highly impactful to what happens with College football this year imo.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

40 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I've got no problem with that ........ unless this mystery thing tied to C-19 that's hitting the kids really blows up nationally. Will have a real mess if that happens.

Football players should be ok, they are wearing a face mask under their face mask (twice the protection) plus they will be out in the sun.  I am pretty sure  Fauci will sign off on this plan to keep the curve flattened, he was an All American 2nd team football player at Michigan, heck of running back in his heyday.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Even if a second wave is larger than the initial wave? I'd think that the government saying "not it" would likely add to the problem. Are you one of those guys holding rifles in government buildings feeling that your constitutional rights have been infringed upon?

What if I was? 

Or what if I am one that believes that during these lock downs our governments should have been prepping for the next wave by getting testing, tracing, isolation,  and treatment protocols in order for the almost inevitable 2nd wave? 

Either way you cannot open up then 3 weeks later say psyche. Either we are ready or we are not. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DELdaBull said:

What if I was? 

Or what if I am one that believes that during these lock downs our governments should have been prepping for the next wave by getting testing, tracing, isolation,  and treatment protocols in order for the almost inevitable 2nd wave? 

Either way you cannot open up then 3 weeks later say psyche. Either we are ready or we are not. 

Either the government says we’re ready or they say we’re not.