• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls may play football even if there are no students on campus!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

17 hours ago, JTrue said:

It's cool. It's like in X-Men: The Last Stand during the final battle. All the weak ass mutants that have no real part in the movie go charging in to fight the military, Juggernaut and Pyro want to join, but Magneto holds them back and is like, "In chess, the pawns go first" and they sit back and watch everything unfold. Same principal.

If I had to analogize this to a movie it would be "The Purge" ...... or to a commercial, it would be the one where ancients are throwing the guy into the volcano to bring rain for their crops.

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

I don't think they have anything "better" at their disposal - that's why all through history these are called pandemics.

Honestly, I understand where you're coming from. Bottom line, though, is that this relaxing of the lockdown isn't scientifically based and this is where certain governmental factions sound like ******* idiots saying it is. They made an economic/political decision and are rolling the dice ....... and I'm selfishly torn with that decision.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Honestly, I understand where you're coming from. Bottom line, though, is that this relaxing of the lockdown isn't scientifically based and this is where certain governmental factions sound like ******* idiots saying it is. They made a economic/political decision and are rolling the dice ....... and I'm selfishly torn with that decision.

Cool, what is the scientific basis for locking down a society for a virus when said society is not on the verge of exhausting medical resources?  

8 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I could not agree with you more (on everything you said) and I'm torn as well. 

I did just edit post a little to read "They made an economic/political decision" and I think there are a ton of people torn about this.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

I don't think they have anything "better" at their disposal - that's why all through history these are called pandemics.

Hiding at home for most of the day is our only weapon

Covid-19.thumb.jpg.d51541ee92db521fc74e0e882b8108d1.jpg

When In our history have we locked down healthy people?  I get quarantining the sick but if there is no cure and no vaccine in the future what is the end game?  You cannot keep locking down healthy people because we are concerned about virus with a death rate of less than 1 percent, it is truly illogical.  We have the resources (hospital beds) to treat those that fall ill.  I agree with Trips that like everything else this is completely political and neither side gives a **** about the country as a whole.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

When In our history have we locked down healthy people?  I get quarantining the sick but if there is no cure and no vaccine in the future what is the end game?  You cannot keep locking down healthy people because we are concerned about virus with a death rate of less than 1 percent, it is truly illogical.  We have the resources (hospital beds) to treat those that fall ill.  I agree with Trips that like everything else this is completely political and neither side gives a **** about the country as a whole.

So you want to kill grandma?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

When In our history have we locked down healthy people?

Do you want a full list or can I give you 3-4 off the top of my head?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Do you want a full list or can I give you 3-4 off the top of my head?

3 where we locked down the entire country and quarantined the healthy along with the sick, thanks Teach

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

3 where we locked down the entire country and quarantined the healthy along with the sick, thanks Teach

Well, now you've changed the question. We haven't locked down the entire country and we aren't quarantining anyone right now. So you want examples of historical situations that are somewhat similar to ours now?

Here's one that applies to your first question. George Washington a) forced his troops to get vaccinated and b) enforced quarantines all over the place for towns AND his troops during the American Revolution. So there's a specific example from our history. He did not give either of them a choice because "America!"

Edited by JTrue

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Well, now you've changed the question. We haven't locked down the entire country and we aren't quarantining anyone right now. So you want examples of historical situations that are somewhat similar to ours now?

That is what I thought