• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bye topic: Biggest rival

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  0

See your loss to Pittsburgh.  At least we are BEATING the "inferior" competition we are playing.  Some of these same "inferior" teams CRUSHED USF last year.

GET A FREAKIN' CLUE!

As pathetic as Pitt is to the national media, they would still destroy all of C-USA. I wish you guys played Pitt this year, I would put my life savings down on the fact that, although you may keep it closer if you can protect the ball like we didn't, you would still get manhandled. Don't come on here and tell me to get a freakin' clue when it's you and your pathetic conference that need a reality check. C-USA is not anywheres close to the caliber the Big East is (and i'll admit that we're the very small fish in the BCS pond). Good for you guys if you beat your conference up and earn a bowl game, you deserve it. However, for you to claim football superiority because we lost to what the media calls a cupcake team, that's downright embarassing on your part. No matter how many teams you beat this year, remember that you would only have a realistic shot at beating one team in the Big East (Cincy) and that's only because they're rebuilding.

My main argument is that your point of us losing to Pittsburgh means that we can't clean up the "garbage" in our conference, therefore showing that UCF has gotten an edge on USF in football, is ridiculous.

Sorry to rant, and seriously good luck to UCF on getting to a bowl, it'd be huge for you guys.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

Again, win some games, beat us in hoops and we'll talk.  We anniliated you in football earlier, what suggests anything differently would occur in subsequent years.  May I suggest people to reference the hoops series, apathy is grown out of sheer boredom.

Well...get your AD to grow a sack and schedule UCF in hoops...and we'll beat you.  We've only played once in football and USF was the better team....but UCF will be the better team next year and the two aren't that distant.  USF is enjoying a very talented and experienced team this year...but next it will be UCF in that situation and at home.  

S. Bien....your arrogance is what is laughable...especially since UCF is still the more recognized name anywhere than USF.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Are you saying teams HAVE to be in the same conference to have a rivalry?

Miami/FSU had a great rivalry...especially the past 25 years when they were not in the same conference.

UF/FSU have had a rivalry almost since day one...and are not in the same conference.

Notre Dame/USC?

Clemson/South Carolina?

Georgia/Ga Tech?

Penn St/Pitt (till recently)

Whatever these games (UCF/USF) are called, they obviously drew a lot of INTEREST...even when compared to USF's first ever Big East BCS Home Game vs the #9 team in the Nation.

If this series of "high interest" continues...folks can call it whatever they want...Many in the media this year called it a "rivalry" game...some fans call it a "rivalry" game...but others can call it anything they want.

Bottom line...if this series continue...it looks certainly like it will be a series of games of HIGH interest.

KL

*sigh* ............. No, I'm not saying that rivals have to be in the same conference but they have to play meaningful games, games with some implications. The majority of your OOC examples involve the two major footbal programs in a state. FSU/UM  turned into a rivalry because their games usually factored into the national title picture,ie meaningful games.

IF we continue to play every year, it may turn into a rivalry, definitely if UCF enters the BE, but you don't just go *poof*, it's a rivalry...... no matter how much you want it to be.

TB

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Jim, how does that apply to 117 other programs?  Your perception doesn't equal fact, that includes.  Sorry, and no measure of debate can prove it.

The fact remains that rivals are mutual, and born out of constant, and on-going contests in which both sides are competitive.  A small segment of the population cannot make this a rivalry.   What if there's a splinter of USF fans that think FAU should be a rival?  Would you try to argue with them?  We play FAU in athletics just as much as we've played UCF, what would make FAU less of a rival?

Exactly, neither has been traditionally competitive against USF in just about every sport with baseball as the only slight exception, and even that one is still slightly bent in USF's direction.  Just because you want something, or a few other guys want something doesn't make it a reality.

Besides, I think we've got a pretty fair interest starting on playing Louisville each year.  WVU hasn't played Marshall in football for nearly 20 years, but they've got a heat and deep seeded rivalry with their conference foe- Pitt.  Are you suggesting that WVU is missing out?  They seemed to have done just fine with that set-up.

But again, as usual, there will be enough UCF and a couple of USF fans trying to convince people of a rivalry.  Which I almost burst out laughing hearing.  Again, win some games, beat us in hoops and we'll talk.  We anniliated you in football earlier, what suggests anything differently would occur in subsequent years.  May I suggest people to reference the hoops series, apathy is grown out of sheer boredom.

Hello, Pot.  You're as black as ever.

Bien, you have to be one of the most subjective people here, so to try and tell anyone that they have no viable opinion or that the case is closed simply because you said so is more of a joke than your QB play on the road.

You're one person.  Your opinion is merely one person's and has no value over anyone else's.  I think the media's attention to the game and the fan turnout has about 45000 times more value than yours.  Get over yourself.  You are not special.

Another rivalry that was left off was Southern Miss/Alabama.  Is it a well known rivalry?  Not really.  Does Bama win most of the time?  Yes.  Do they play every year?  Yes.  Do both schools take the game seriously?  Yes.  This is a football rivalry, yet it's still considered a rivalry.  Once again, conference affiliation means nothing.

Give up the god complex.  It makes you look really bad.

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Try accomplishing anything (and the UL win just obviously a farce...and they're still a mid-major, IMO).  

USF 2005 Accomplishment list:

1)  Begin play in a BCS conference....check

2)  Kick UCF's @ss....check

3)  Beat a top 10 team....check

4)  Ignore Goldenbuc's analysis of who should be considered a mid-major, especially when his team is a mid-major....check

and the season is still young  :)

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Oh God, here we go again.   I love how idiots like Mav spend all this time to convince me and others- again all the convincing in the world doesn't create a rivalry.  I am not convinced, and the case is closed.  Mav, I refuse to debate because your objectivity is clouded by your allegiance, but suffice it to say that you and a few of you're knightly geeks are the only band of merry men that consider this a rivalry, particularly when polled within athletic departments.

By the way, when your athletics were meandering around in DII, we were in the NCAA Tourney for men's hoops and baseball.  So you get a clue!

My words cannot create the rivalry.

See the attendance for our game and compare it to your other games.  Where does it rank?

It is what it is haS.been.  Deal with the "reality".

Oh and one more thing, if you can live in the past with your teams then we can say you guys are not ahead of us since we were much better in D-I while you were meandering in I-AA.

As pathetic as Pitt is to the national media, they would still destroy all of C-USA. I wish you guys played Pitt this year, I would put my life savings down on the fact that, although you may keep it closer if you can protect the ball like we didn't, you would still get manhandled. Don't come on here and tell me to get a freakin' clue when it's you and your pathetic conference that need a reality check. C-USA is not anywheres close to the caliber the Big East is (and i'll admit that we're the very small fish in the BCS pond). Good for you guys if you beat your conference up and earn a bowl game, you deserve it. However, for you to claim football superiority because we lost to what the media calls a cupcake team, that's downright embarassing on your part. No matter how many teams you beat this year, remember that you would only have a realistic shot at beating one team in the Big East (Cincy) and that's only because they're rebuilding.

My main argument is that your point of us losing to Pittsburgh means that we can't clean up the "garbage" in our conference, therefore showing that UCF has gotten an edge on USF in football, is ridiculous.

Sorry to rant, and seriously good luck to UCF on getting to a bowl, it'd be huge for you guys.

1. I have never addressed you before.

2. Pitt couldn't beat a MAC bottom feeder so your description of their team is a bit off.  They are playing better now but I would definitely like our chances against them.

In fact, I would like our chances against ANY NBE team.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

My words cannot create the rivalry.

Exactly .....

See the attendance for our game and compare it to your other games.

..... and neither does one game. Create a rivalry, that is.

Bien, I am with you 99% on this rival crap.  First UCF needs to get a team.  The 1 % is for selfish reasons only.  Instead of a 2+ hour dirve it cuts my drive in half if I go to Orlando to see the Bulls play.

We got a team LONG before you guys got a QB!