• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bye topic: Biggest rival

Guest Justin Boza
I would like to intervene....The UCF/USF thing as school sports in general has some great rivalries in other sports.

i agree.. i dont think its a necessity for a certain amount of time to determine if a matchup is a rivalry or not.. i think geographic rivalries are obvious, which is why i think USF/UCF is a natural rivalry.. sure, we may be light years ahead of UCF, but there definitely is that backyard brawl feel when USF and UCF get together (in all sports).  i think we need to embrace this rivalry, it creates a great buzz throughout the central florida region, and i think its good for football in general

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

After we play Florida we will be their new rival.. just dreaming.  Clearly Southern Miss was developing into a nice rivalry with plenty of animosity.  Knowing how much support UL has given us it would be tough to make this the Hated team.  Some game, sometime, something will happen and you may find that instant rival.  Late hit on QB or fight breaks out.  Who knows who it will be.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Strange though a week before and after UCF many people said it wasn't a rivalry because teams hadn't played enough...Then we won 31-14 and we're clearly ahead of them and should quit on the rivalry. However, we POUNCE Louisville by more and now its a yearly rivalry that we should recognize.

Nothing strange at all about that. They POUNCED us last year, we return the favor this year. We will be playing them every year in meaningful conference games. The difference between that and the UCF situation is night and day

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Your right Triple...Florida/Florida State means nothing to either of those teams because it isn't conference game...It's only constantly the highest rated college football game yearly...Means nothing...out of conference...

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Your right Triple...Florida/Florida State means nothing to either of those teams because it isn't conference game...It's only constantly the highest rated college football game yearly...Means nothing...out of conference...

It's usually a game between two top 25 teams and therefore IS meaningful. I didn't mean to imply that the only meaningful games are conference games. I didn't realize I had to spell it out for some....... And I doubt very seriously it's still the highest rated college football game yearly, if it ever was.

Quit getting all pissy because some don't consider UCF a rival yet.

Guest knight fan

It's usually a game between two top 25 teams and therefore IS meaningful. I didn't mean to imply that the only meaningful games are conference games. I didn't realize I had to spell it out for some....... And I doubt very seriously it's still the highest rated college football game yearly, if it ever was.

Quit getting all pissy because some don't consider UCF a rival yet.

I think the strides that both USF and UCF have made in the games after our match are increasing our chances of rivalry status.  

The regional animosity will always exist.  However, if both teams are competitive it will tkae it to a new level (FSU v UF).  

That goes both ways, if your team lays an egg for the rest of the year it's gonna hurt interest on the Orlando side and become a tough sell for us.

I can't make any predictions on the game next year.  Both of our teams seem to be Jekyl and Hyde.  You guys just showed up on 9/17.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160

Uconn.

Because you will learn to hate our attitude :-*

DW

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Biggest Rival -- S. Mississippi.  Didn't want us in the C-USA, huh?  Who loves ya, baby!

They got their way...and now we wouldn't want them!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

They got their way...and now we wouldn't want them!

Of course not.  Scores show they took 2 of 3 from you guys.