• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bye topic: Biggest rival

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Of course not.  Scores show they took 2 of 3 from you guys.

And scores show we've taken 2 of 3 from L'ville so I guess that means they wouldn't want us either by your retarded thinking ..... back to your cage, Mav.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

Now that we're in the Big East- Louisville or Pitt.

Louisville is personally my favorite rivalry.  They moved with us from Conference USA to the Big East, they're a **** good football team, and we've beaten them twice at home, lost to them badly in Louisville.  Each time we play them, it promises to be an exciting game.  Also, what's not to love about a showdown between a flashy offense and an "in-your-face" defense?

Pittsburgh- Coming out of nowhere in 2001 and beating them at Heinz Field was pretty amazing, one of USF's biggest upsets EVER.  We lost to them badly last year at home and this year we lost to them in Pitt.  They may not be as good as they have been in past years but they're a good program.  There are more similarities between our 2 schools than any other Big East teams. For instance:

-Both in large metropolitan cities.  

-Both teams are not the sole provider in sports entertainment in their cities.  We are USF, they are Pittsburgh.  We have an NFL team in the Bucs, they have an NFL team in the Steelers.  We have a MLB team in the Devil Rays (although not as competitive) and they have the Pirates.  We have the Lightning, they have the Penguins. The only real difference here is that the city of Pittsburgh does not have an arena football team.  Philadelphia does have one in the Soul, but we won't go in that direction since that would open up a whole new geographical region of sports teams.

-We're also in a relatively similar market as Pittsburgh media-wise, meaning our local sporting broadcasts reach a similar number of viewers.  in Tampa-St. Petersburg we're 12th with 1,710,400 homes and 1.552% of the U.S.; Pittsburgh is 22nd with 1,169,800 homes and 1.061%.  

-As a school, their enrollment is 34,000 with regional campuses in Bradford, Greensburg, Johnstown, and Titusville.  In addition to the main campus in Tampa, USF has St. Petersburg, Sarasota/Manatee, and Lakeland. Our total enrollment is slightly larger with 42,950.

-Both schools are highly regarded as top research institutions.

We could go further with some of the obvious similarites such as defense, heavy recruiting in the state of Florida, etc, but I think you guys get the point.  

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

Of course not.  Scores show they took 2 of 3 from you guys.

He was talking about reports that So. Miss didn't want USF in C-USA for football. Now So. Miss is in C-USA and USF is in the BE, so So. Miss got what they want.

Re: the teams I listed for the rivarly were teams that USF had played more than three times.

USF has played Memphis and So. Miss 4 times each and Pitt and Louisville 3 times each. Every other I-A team USF has played, they have a history of two games or less.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

nice post chicky, i'd have to say in our conference it would have to be either louisville or pitt, i'd say more louisville because of our history with them and traveling with them from conference usa to the big east, pitt only because we went in to their stadium and upset them, but they have taken the next 2 games from us.  out of conference, wether we want to admit it or not, ucf has a good chance at being a rivalry just by sheer location and our mutually hatred of each other.  take a look at the game at how many fights broke out, by far the one team everybody was excited to play.

out of conference, wether we want to admit it or not, ucf has a good chance at being a rivalry just by sheer location and our mutually hatred of each other.  take a look at the game at how many fights broke out, by far the one team everybody was excited to play.

I think your use of the term "everybody" there is just a tad presumptuous ....

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

my bad, ALOT of people were excited to play them, better?

my bad, ALOT of people were excited to play them, better?

Yes, thank you.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

You guys talking about the UCF team that got their ass handed to them by Southern Miss.  You really want a rival that has at least a halfway decent football team.  Please aim your sites higher.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Why is there so much focus on who our "rival" is?  Let's just play the games and our rivalries will work themselves out.

Why is there so much focus on who our "rival" is?  Let's just play the games and our rivalries will work themselves out.

Amen ... as much as some want to just create a rivalry, a rivalry takes time to develop.