• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bye topic: Biggest rival

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

UL is the closest rival.  Most history and the way the games have played out makes it competitive but they don't consider us a rival.  They also have good fans.  Pitt is the new USM.  Pitt is the most hated team to lose to.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

ul but ftu/ou/oc will be a better rival unless usf pulls away from them(talentwise)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,552
  • Days Won:  29

Louisville !

First, I would say that any team that is not on a future schedule should be disqualified.  You can't have a rival that you don't play.

That leaves: Auburn, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Florida, Florida International, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, & West Virginia.

Southern Miss & Memphis are teams that we can dislike, root against, hate... but since we won't be playing them anytime soon - if ever again - they really are not much of a rival.

If you had to choose the biggest OOC and Big East rivals from the list above, who would it be??

OOC: Central Florida

Big East: Louisville

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

I want to say Louisville as our biggest rival just because of they way the games have gone....I can see this developing into something special over time

Ditto..................  ;D

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

OC game Southern Miss

Big East game Lvill

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I say UL...i kinda doubt they feel that way up there though

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Out of Conference: UCF. Duh, proxemity make this rivalry, further the pregame for the USF/UCF game was one of the most exciting I have ever been to. Then beating the crap out of them...even better! In all fairness UCF is gonna be a tough program next year they start so many young players...

In Conference: My heart says Louisville because they are gonna want to extract revenge like nonodys business next year... But I'm gonn have to say Pitt, we have played multiple times now and created a rivalry that is fun and one day could mean conference championships (Pitt has one of the top recuiting classes in the country right now)

Strange though a week before and after UCF many people said it wasn't a rivalry because teams hadn't played enough...Then we won 31-14 and we're clearly ahead of them and should quit on the rivalry. However, we POUNCE Louisville by more and now its a yearly rivalry that we should recognize.

Louisville is a very good team, but I LOVE the prospects with a UCF rivalry game. Its the only game I have seen the students of USF actually buzz about the week before the game...

Strange though a week before and after UCF many people said it wasn't a rivalry because teams hadn't played enough...Then we won 31-14 and we're clearly ahead of them and should quit on the rivalry. However, we POUNCE Louisville by more and now its a yearly rivalry that we should recognize.

Louisville is a very good team, but I LOVE the prospects with a UCF rivalry game. Its the only game I have seen the students of USF actually buzz about the week before the game...

Joe -- while I agree that the prospects for an annual UCF game are significantly more than any other school... our rivalry with Louisville goes back to the old Metro conference days... we've been playing them in basketball for more than a decade... and they've crushed us nearly every time...

That makes it more fun when we beat them in football.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

I would like to intervene....The UCF/USF thing as school sports in general has some great rivalries in other sports.  Football is early...who knows what happens next season @ Orlando as far as outcome.  UCF plays tough at home and will be returning a ton of good players.  The buzz will be there and the buzz and atmosphere at the game this year was good....you can't deny the crowd, either.

But overall IMO...I'd say with your old Metro/CUSA ties with UL...they'd be possibly your biggest rival...but they'd say otherwise as far themselves.  They're biggest is obviously Kentucky and always will be.  Then possibly Memphis after that.