• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bye topic: Biggest rival

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709
  • Days Won:  0

Exactly .....

..... and neither does one game. Create a rivalry, that is.

True, but over 40K in attendance is a step most certainly in the right direction.

Denial is a river in Tampa apparently.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeebus, Jim, are you going schizo on us?? "We have no rivals but UCF is one ........."?

The Kanigits can whine all they want but it's NOT a rivalry unless the vast majority on BOTH sides think it is one.

My point was this.... if you go with the assumption that it's a two-way street, AND that the USF-UCF is not a two-way street, then USF has no rivals.

However, I believe that the majority of USF fans -- in general -- DO see UCF as a rival, despite all the wishing and wanting and hoping and complaining of the hardcore people in this board.  Just because some people here don't WANT to have a rivalry with UCF, doesn't mean it does not already exist.

You want proof?  Which of these games drew SOUTH FLORIDA fans (including students) to Raymond James Stadium:

A. Louisville 2005

B. Southern Miss 2004

C. Central Florida 2005

More USF Fans came to the UCF game than any other game at Raymond James Stadium.

Y'all can't wish it out of existence.  It IS a rivalry.

*sigh* ............. No, I'm not saying that rivals have to be in the same conference but they have to play meaningful games, games with some implications. The majority of your OOC examples involve the two major footbal programs in a state. FSU/UM  turned into a rivalry because their games usually factored into the national title picture,ie meaningful games.

IF we continue to play every year, it may turn into a rivalry, definitely if UCF enters the BE, but you don't just go *poof*, it's a rivalry...... no matter how much you want it to be.

TB

What is the "implication" for the Army/Navy game?

My point was this.... if you go with the assumption that it's a two-way street, AND that the USF-UCF is not a two-way street, then USF has no rivals.

However, I believe that the majority of USF fans -- in general -- DO see UCF as a rival, despite all the wishing and wanting and hoping and complaining of the hardcore people in this board.  Just because some people here don't WANT to have a rivalry with UCF, doesn't mean it does not already exist.

You want proof?  Which of these games drew SOUTH FLORIDA fans (including students) to Raymond James Stadium:

A. Louisville 2005

B. Southern Miss 2004

C. Central Florida 2005

More USF Fans came to the UCF game than any other game at Raymond James Stadium.

Y'all can't wish it out of existence.  It IS a rivalry.

I totally agree with you.  And which away game was attended more by UCF students and alumni?  USF, of course.

I love it because I can watch UCF play an away game every other year without breaking the bank.

Why some are opposed to it is beyond me.  Both programs have accomplished the same things in IA.  SQUAT!

Now, if we are talking I-AA, I have a whole list of them.... ;D

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

True, but over 40K in attendance is a step most certainly in the right direction.

True, as opposed to nobody showing up ....

Denial is a river in Tampa apparently.

Reality is also a river in Tampa and the reality is that USF doesn't have a rivalry going at this time.......

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

In fact, I would like our chances against ANY NBE team.

You had your chance...does 31-14 sound familiar?

As I have stated before, that score proves you were the better team that night.

Beyond that is specualtion at best.

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

2. Pitt couldn't beat a MAC bottom feeder so your description of their team is a bit off.  They are playing better now but I would definitely like our chances against them.

By the way, us losing to Pitt only makes you look worse.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Only UCF considers USF to be a rival, and most of USF does not consider UCF to be a rival.
However, I believe that the majority of USF fans -- in general -- DO see UCF as a rival,

Jim, you're killing me here. Is there a Kanigit fan there with you holding a gun to your head while you type?? Should we call 911?    8)