• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

https://www.gutenberg.org/
https://www.bartleby.com/index.html

open source ebooks. Check them out. Bartleby has some recipes and canning stuff on there. Since most of the books are out of copy right I believe some of it is like pioneer cook books. They’re might be a opossum recipe in there or something

• 2 weeks later...

Coppa, spicy soppressata, havarti on toasted sourdough with a fried egg on top.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

On 3/30/2020 at 7:37 PM, puc86 said:

I have a pretty mean bat soup recipe.

I want that recipe and make it Wuhan style. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, Rizman said:

I want that recipe and make it Wuhan style. 

Vegetable stock, tomato paste, onions, celery, carrots potatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaf and 4 bats brings to a boil and reduce to simmer for 1 hour. Wuhan style is 30 minutes of simmer instead of the hour.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Vegetable stock, tomato paste, onions, celery, carrots potatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaf and 4 bats brings to a boil and reduce to simmer for 1 hour. Wuhan style is 30 minutes of simmer instead of the hour.

To quote Cool Runnings, "Whatever is wrong with you is no little thing". 😁

• Haha 1

200.gif

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455

On 4/16/2020 at 3:25 PM, puc86 said:

Trying to keep this on topic. Since we’re all cooking from home more. VEGETABLE STOCK. When you cook, every vegetable that you trim, throw it in a gallon size baggy in the freezer. When the bag is full, boil it, empty the contents in to a large stock pot...pour it in jars, and freeze till needed..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331

9 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Trying to keep this on topic. Since we’re all cooking from home more. VEGETABLE STOCK. When you cook, every vegetable that you trim, throw it in a gallon size baggy in the freezer. When the bag is full, boil it, empty the contents in to a large stock pot...pour it in jars, and freeze till needed..

That's pretty cool.  I'll do that.

• 3 weeks later...

Pull pork: I like to marinate the pork shoulder for 24 hours prior to cooking off in mojo. You can make simple mojo, combine lime, lemon, orange juices with oregano, bay leaf, cumin, 4-6 garlic cloves, a touch of sugar, salt, a little vinegar and white wine to taste, and cilantro, possibly red pepper flakes, or whatever else you like to add to give it a twist. Cook at 325 until it has an internal temp of 200, and it should pretty much fall apart. Marinate in a ziplock if possible to make sure the pork stays covered and tent the pork so it doesn’t dry out. I add some of the marinade to the pan when I cook it. Prep the pork, season it and some onions and garlic and whatever else. Once it’s complete finish with bbq sauce. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455

On 5/3/2020 at 1:21 PM, Roaming Bull said:

Pull pork: I like to marinate the pork shoulder for 24 hours prior to cooking off in mojo. You can make simple mojo, combine lime, lemon, orange juices with oregano, bay leaf, cumin, 4-6 garlic cloves, a touch of sugar, salt, a little vinegar and white wine to taste, and cilantro, possibly red pepper flakes, or whatever else you like to add to give it a twist. Cook at 325 until it has an internal temp of 200, and it should pretty much fall apart. Marinate in a ziplock if possible to make sure the pork stays covered and tent the pork so it doesn’t dry out. I add some of the marinade to the pan when I cook it. Prep the pork, season it and some onions and garlic and whatever else. Once it’s complete finish with bbq sauce. 

Save some and make empanadas out of it. I use the Goya frozen empanada shells. You can air-fry or deep fry them.

• Upvote 1