• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB goes down to Cinci on the road

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

5 points in the 4th quarter won't get it done.

Where was Brabencova?

She is hurt.  it happened at the last game. She hurt her ankle and was on crutches.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Also supposedly Enna isn't playing because she hasn't had a high percentage scoring and not doing well defensively.  Well others aren't scoring machines either and several have been turnover machines!

Guest SittingBull
7 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

She has asthma and trouble breathing.  Part of it can be contributed to not being is shape possibly but the rest is a natural thing with her. They literally have to teach her to breathe properly.

Who is the coach in charge of breathing?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

14 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

What I saw was a poorly conditioned team. They built a good lead and were clinging on the entire second half. They looked like they ran out of gas and Cincy still had some left in the tank.

how can any basketball team be poorly conditioned? all they do is run

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We are a terrible road team, epidatsit 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

7 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

Also supposedly Enna isn't playing because she hasn't had a high percentage scoring and not doing well defensively.  Well others aren't scoring machines either and several have been turnover machines!

I'm wondering the same thing. At least she has a lot of game experience. Read that we had 30 turnovers.  Holy crap!  I would have guessed we had over 20 but 30?  Hard to win that way.  Jose always talks about how we aren't valuing the ball. Yesterday it looked like we treated it as though it had the coronavirus.

Edit: Went back and checked and she led the team in scoring vs Texas in that win.  

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Conditioning and injuries seem to be an issue for our 3 major sports over multiple coaches. There's clearly a root problem here or a very statisically improbably run of bad luck.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

If you ate the “chili” up there you’d go down too

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Days Won:  56

On a side note, if you watched the game on TV, did it seem to you that ESPNU crew was openly rooting for Cincy - especially the color analyst, whoever she was. During their rally in the second half, she seemed disappointed every time the Bearcats missed a shot or didn't get an offensive rebound. I'm guessing it was a locally based crew of some sort that has been to many UC games and has left a good portion of its impartiality behind. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Conditioning and injuries seem to be an issue for our 3 major sports over multiple coaches. There's clearly a root problem here or a very statisically improbably run of bad luck.

I haven't watched a lot of USF women's hoops, but we like to play at a very brisk pace. In the first half vs. UC, that worked like a charm. We sped the game up and had them out of whack. Problem is, we don't have the depth to be able to maintain that pace for the whole game and it sure looked to me like we ran out of gas. We didn't rebound as well. We made lots of sloppy turnovers. We missed some easy shots and free throws. I still say that the poor execution in the second half was caused by fatigue.