• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB goes down to Cinci on the road

Guest SittingBull
8 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

On a side note, if you watched the game on TV, did it seem to you that ESPNU crew was openly rooting for Cincy - especially the color analyst, whoever she was. During their rally in the second half, she seemed disappointed every time the Bearcats missed a shot or didn't get an offensive rebound. I'm guessing it was a locally based crew of some sort that has been to many UC games and has left a good portion of its impartiality behind. 

It was Holly Warlick, former player (3 time All-American 1976-80), assistant coach (1985-2012),and  head coach (2012-2019) upon Pat Summit’s retirement, for the Tennessee Lady Vols.   I don’t know of any connection to UC.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

28 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

On a side note, if you watched the game on TV, did it seem to you that ESPNU crew was openly rooting for Cincy - especially the color analyst, whoever she was. During their rally in the second half, she seemed disappointed every time the Bearcats missed a shot or didn't get an offensive rebound. I'm guessing it was a locally based crew of some sort that has been to many UC games and has left a good portion of its impartiality behind. 

I thought the same thing.  They'd miss a shot and she'd go "ohhh" or something similar to show how disappointed she was.  

25 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I haven't watched a lot of USF women's hoops, but we like to play at a very brisk pace. In the first half vs. UC, that worked like a charm. We sped the game up and had them out of whack. Problem is, we don't have the depth to be able to maintain that pace for the whole game and it sure looked to me like we ran out of gas. We didn't rebound as well. We made lots of sloppy turnovers. We missed some easy shots and free throws. I still say that the poor execution in the second half was caused by fatigue.

You may be right but I don't care how tired you are 30 turnovers is nuts.

• Upvote 1