• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB goes down to Cinci on the road

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

What an absolutely horrible game to watch.  We played well the first half but couldn't put them away.  CJF contributed with getting a T (got it after a horrible call against us resulted in Cinci making a basket) resulting in 4 extra points for them.  He may or may not put this on himself but our guards, other than Pinzan, are turnover machines.  Pretty much every time Tseneki (sp?) touched it it seemed to result in a turnover.  I'd say she had 7 on her own.  Harvey looked like she was playing soccer and dribbled the ball of her leg or foot multiple times.  Managed to go on one of our at least once a game droughts to start the 2nd half.  Will probably start the pre Super Bowl drinking a bit early.  Having won 3 in a row I thought maybe we had turned a corner.  Seems we are in a circle and keep going round and round.  

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

Am I the only one that thinks it's time for Fernandez to go?  Dont get me wrong he has done a phenomenal job and is a great person, but seriously the team has been going backwards the last few yrs.  I know you can argue injuries, etc, but we should never be losing to those clowns in fantasyland.  Not to mention what are we 0-120 against uconn.  I know its uconn but good lord.  Stop with the European recruiting, you need some tall physical players.  European ball is much different.  Plus the whining each yr for the ncaa tournament only to CHOKE as usual

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,140
  • Days Won:  56

What I saw was a poorly conditioned team. They built a good lead and were clinging on the entire second half. They looked like they ran out of gas and Cincy still had some left in the tank.

38 minutes ago, Bulls4ever said:

Am I the only one that thinks it's time for Fernandez to go?  Dont get me wrong he has done a phenomenal job and is a great person, but seriously the team has been going backwards the last few yrs.  I know you can argue injuries, etc, but we should never be losing to those clowns in fantasyland.  Not to mention what are we 0-120 against uconn.  I know its uconn but good lord.  Stop with the European recruiting, you need some tall physical players.  European ball is much different.  Plus the whining each yr for the ncaa tournament only to CHOKE as usual

I think he's bought himself some leeway.  Think we made 4 or 5 NCAAs in a row.  As for the UConn record it would only be 0 - 116 if we didn't make the conference finals.  🙄

26 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

What I saw was a poorly conditioned team. They built a good lead and were clinging on the entire second half. They looked like they ran out of gas and Cincy still had some left in the tank.

Funny how we can watch a game and not see the same things.  I didn't think it was conditioning but lack of execution. Harvey dribbling the ball off her foot at the end didn't seem to be conditioning to me.  Before they inbounded the ball down 3 and I said to my wife "who do we have on this team that you trust with the ball and with the last second shot"? Courtney Williams or even Jespersen isn't walking through that door.  Pinzan would be my go to with who we have on this squad but even them I'm just hoping for the best.  

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I think he's bought himself some leeway.  Think we made 4 or 5 NCAAs in a row.  As for the UConn record it would only be 0 - 116 if we didn't make the conference finals.  🙄

Funny how we can watch a game and not see the same things.  I didn't think it was conditioning but lack of execution. Harvey dribbling the ball off her foot at the end didn't seem to be conditioning to me.  Before they inbounded the ball down 3 and I said to my wife "who do we have on this team that you trust with the ball and with the last second shot"? Courtney Williams or even Jespersen isn't walking through that door.  Pinzan would be my go to with who we have on this squad but even them I'm just hoping for the best.  

Harvey is way out of shape. There were points she could barely make it up and down the floor. A lot of her mistakes - even missed FTs - were because she had no legs.

53 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Harvey is way out of shape. There were points she could barely make it up and down the floor. A lot of her mistakes - even missed FTs - were because she had no legs.

She has asthma and trouble breathing.  Part of it can be contributed to not being is shape possibly but the rest is a natural thing with her. They literally have to teach her to breathe properly.

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

She has asthma and trouble breathing.  Part of it can be contributed to not being is shape possibly but the rest is a natural thing with her. They literally have to teach her to breathe properly.

Didn’t know that. Tough game for someone with those issues.

Guest SittingBull
9 hours ago, Bulls4ever said:

Am I the only one that thinks it's time for Fernandez to go?  Dont get me wrong he has done a phenomenal job and is a great person, but seriously the team has been going backwards the last few yrs.  I know you can argue injuries, etc, but we should never be losing to those clowns in fantasyland. 

Stop with the European recruiting, you need some tall physical players.  European ball is much different.  Plus the whining each yr for the ncaa tournament only to CHOKE as usual

No, you’re not. You’re spot on!