• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official "Getting in the last word thread"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am not putting it in words in your mouth I am agreeing with you, other people have heaped praise upon our recruiting and I am saying your description is accurate where as theirs is incorrect. You are perhaps a bit too sensitive for the mean streets of the internet. I have never said a curse word to you and I never would, I find it odd how upset you are by differences of opinion or in this instance agreeing with you apparently not clearly enough.

Forgive me for interpreting your choice of pronoun ("You") as your first word after quoting me as you directly responding to my statement. Furthermore, you directly paraphrase my conclusion ("Can’t hold a half-baked class against CJS", "You can’t hold it against him but you can’t give him credit"), an obvious sign that you're responding broadly and not to me specifically, I guess.

I now realize that was such a foolish association to make. How silly of me! The part of your response when you switch gears from directly responding to me to discussing other people is as clear as Crystal Springs.

Edited by OnTheBus

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, OnTheBus said:

Forgive me for interpreting your choice of pronoun ("You") as your first word after quoting me as you directly responding to my statement. Furthermore, you directly paraphrase my conclusion ("Can’t hold a half-baked class against CJS", "You can’t hold it against him but you can’t give him credit"), an obvious sign that you're responding broadly and not to me specifically, I guess.

I now realize that was such a foolish association to make. How silly of me! The part of your response when you switch gears from directly responding to me to discussing other people is as clear as Crystal Springs.

I said you were right as about a half baked class I then said that it can’t be said that it was better than that, I didn’t claim I was particularly clear in my transitions to what cannot be said and that it came from others. I am sorry that it caused confusion and upset you.

14 minutes ago, Rizman said:

I appreciate the 2021 work he put in while out on the road and if you noticed in the conference call he mentioned his dad has relationship with coaches that helped him with recruits.  He also said, "you recruit your culture".  That was significant.   They have used a filter so I trust their collective judgement.

Hopefully that works out better for him than it did for CSH.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

On 2/1/2020 at 10:07 PM, Ricky the Bull said:

So those who feel the need to one-up/put down/disparage/belittle someone without making a real contribution to an existing thread?  It would be nice to see something new has being added to a thread is on topic and not 5 pages of two members trying prove they are the biggest member.

Moderators - please feel free to move posts here, when necessary.

Thank you!

Thanks for the thread, Ricky. :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

So the two of you think that a pretty disgusting and unacceptable job is just fine? Under any circumstance? Well alrighty then.

I don't think that's what was said. 8th in the AAC is absolutely disgusting and unacceptable. Hard Stop. CJS has been here full time for a month...he did not make anything worse and, comparatively to what we were looking at from xCCS, made things better. I don't think anyone should declare victory, but I am comfortable with CJS performance given what he came in with and how long he had to try to fix it. One year from today if we are 8th in the AAC, I will be calling for the coach's head. This has nothing to do with CJS, I would say the same thing if our coach was Bill Belichick. We simply should not be 8th. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

46 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Thanks for the thread, Ricky. :thumbsup:

Ricky the Bull = CousinRicky burner account?

It seems we should rename this Puc’s penalty box.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

This needs to go to The Mad Cow Lounge.

threaten in trouble GIF by Flighthouse

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

8 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

He should get a pass here...

USF Football - handing out passes since 2010. 

• Haha 1