• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

any jeff scott sightings on campus?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You mean the team we lost to two years in a row and is the fav for next NYD Bowl. Or are you confused with Memphis, the team that split us open like Long Duck Dong this year. Or perhaps you are confused with the golden showers who currently have a three game winning streak against us...oh I forgot we are too good for those teams 😂😂😂😂

UCF has always followed in our wake, that people felt the need to yoke ourselves to a broken down oxen is one of the reasons we have been dragged back to the dreck of the college football world. Well that and firing CJL of course.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

UCF has always followed in our wake, that people felt the need to yoke ourselves to a broken down oxen is one of the reasons we have been dragged back to the dreck of the college football world. Well that and firing CJL of course.

Interesting that most of your paragraph is written in past tense...ahhh...keep living there and you will never move forward...

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You cannot decouple USF and the AAC...it is where we live. And if we are to have any chance of success in the next 25 years you better hope the AAC continues to do well. 

You will be amazed by my ability to dissociate.

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Interesting that most of your paragraph is written in past tense...ahhh...keep living there and you will never move forward...

Where we are isn’t forward this is backwards, you think it’s our past where as I recognize this is purgatory and our future is as I described it. You are too stuck in the patriarchal construct of linear time.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, puc86 said:

You will be amazed by my ability to dissociate.

Indeed, if disassociate was a football conference championship you and I would not even be having this conversation.

Just now, puc86 said:

Where we are isn’t forward this is backwards, you think it’s our past where as I recognize this is purgatory and our future is as I described it. You are too stuck in the patriarchal construct of linear time.

Well it’s a start I guess 🤷‍♂️

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

Because I find it beneath us.

Because of a 5 week run a dozen years ago ...... you, sir, are a hoot.

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Because of a 5 week run a dozen years ago ...... you, sir, are a hoot.

No because we were in the show from 2005-2012 and the beer tasted better, the women looked hotter, we stayed in better hotels and took better jets. Only people here would celebrate getting called back down to minors having made it to the Big Leagues.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

No because we were in the show from 2005-2012 and the beer tasted better, the women looked hotter, we stayed in better hotels and took better jets. Only people here would celebrate getting called back down to minors having made it to the Big Leagues.

Can't really compare our situation to baseball. Minor leaguers earn their way to the Show. We were given a marvelous gift of those 7 years that may have been the worst thing to have ever happened to us in regards to long term sustainability .... with those 5 marvelous weeks being the nail in the coffin.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Wow this is still going.  

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Can't really compare our situation to baseball. Minor leaguers earn their way to the Show. We were given a marvelous gift of those 7 years that may have been the worst thing to have ever happened to us in regards to long term sustainability .... with those 5 marvelous weeks being the nail in the coffin.

Anything can be compared and no one gives gifts in business. There is a reason we were selected and not our present company and those reasons are truer today than they were even then. We are one of the three teams in total left behind by expansion and we have more in common with those we were with and those we will join than we do with those we have the misfortune of currently wasting time with.