• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brian Gregory post game video (FAU) [Off Topic]

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I am not trying to be funny but I am making fun of people that think our coach coaching another team is providing large benefits to us, there is a difference. If it sounds ridiculous that having our coaches work at other programs would be a huge benefit to us it’s because it is. 

Except he can't be out there recruiting.  Sure, he could have some meetings with his coaching staff but, honestly, the next weeks will be a drop in the bucket to his tenure here and, he will be doing USF stuff during those 2 weeks. I don't see it as a huge plus but don't see it hurting the program.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

today feelings GIF

Some positive(s) to a losing program seems like a good thing. Not sure very many of us think USF will be the Clemson South. Poor puc seems cluttered. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Except he can't be out there recruiting.  Sure, he could have some meetings with his coaching staff but, honestly, the next weeks will be a drop in the bucket to his tenure here and, he will be doing USF stuff during those 2 weeks. I don't see it as a huge plus but don't see it hurting the program.  

This is actually where I stand but I am always dubious of the let’s cheer for everyone else because when x does y it actually benefits USF crowd. The only thing X can do to benefit USF is lose or fold. We aren’t teammates with any other college team, nothing that benefits them ever benefits us, college football is a dog eat dog zero sum game world and the only thing that benefits USF is bad things happening to every other school that isn’t us.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

This is actually where I stand but I am always dubious of the let’s cheer for everyone else because when x does y it actually benefits USF crowd. The only thing X can do to benefit USF is lose or fold. We aren’t teammates with any other college team, nothing that benefits them ever benefits us, college football is a dog eat dog zero sum game world and the only thing that benefits USF is bad things happening to every other school that isn’t us.

IF, and I say IF, they talk about it on national TV it gets our name out there a little bit.  That does nothing for our win/loss record.  In the USF suite at the Lightning there was more than one person that is worried that it could be an Orlando Antigua situation.  Easy to recruit to KY basketball and be national recruiter of the year.  I'm staying optimistic but it is in the back of my little brain.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Easy to recruit to KY basketball and be national recruiter of the year.  I'm staying optimistic but it is in the back of my little brain.

I get that, but KY basketball has been a power for decades.  Clemson, when CJS got there, was a middle-of-the-road ACC team.  While, it's not like they took Duke or Wake Forest to the level that Clemson is now, it's not the same as being a recruiter for KY or Duke basketball.

Just now, Apis Bull said:

I get that, but KY basketball has been a power for decades.  Clemson, when CJS got there, was a middle-of-the-road ACC team.  While, it's not like they took Duke or Wake Forest to the level that Clemson is now, it's not the same as being a recruiter for KY or Duke basketball.

Good point.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

24 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Some positive(s) to a losing program seems like a good thing. Not sure very many of us think USF will be the Clemson South. Poor puc seems cluttered. 

He used to have some charm to his nonsense now it’s just weird...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He used to have some charm to his nonsense now it’s just weird...

I like reading some of the posts on here that are Positive, Optimistic. I steer clear of the others, even blocked some---boring. We just endured 2 seasons of Suck so some hope for a better future is kinda a nice departure. Just cant get myself to search for negativity.   You gotta ask.. Why??  Possibly some therapy???  or  Frosted Flakes for breakfast??? :-} 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I like reading some of the posts on here that are Positive, Optimistic. I steer clear of the others, even blocked some---boring. We just endured 2 seasons of Suck so some hope for a better future is kinda a nice departure. Just cant get myself to search for negativity.   You gotta ask.. Why??  Possibly some therapy???  or  Frosted Flakes for breakfast??? :-} 

After two years of complete misery I am with you. It’s time to start looking at the potential positives of this program. We have the right coach who has put together a great staff. The loyalty he is is showing is the same loyalty that the naysayers are requesting. They should realize they can’t have it both ways. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

After two years of complete misery I am with you. It’s time to start looking at the potential positives of this program. We have the right coach who has put together a great staff. The loyalty he is is showing is the same loyalty that the naysayers are requesting. They should realize they can’t have it both ways. 

YEAh !!!   Preach it brother...