• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We could be losing $?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

This conversation seems to always come up and I cant understand why. Not sure if yall are serious or not.  We don't deserve to be in P5 if we cant win where we are at. Hell, the BE days are long gone. I get it, it sucks going from P5 to **** but that's the cards we were dealt.  If a P5 comes for AAC teams, I promise you we wont be on the list.

Of all the things tied to expansion winning isn’t in the top 10.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I can’t believe that no one has had the balls to say let’s scrap this conference and put one together that takes the best of the rest. Where have all of the visionaries gone? We are all sitting around praying and hoping for a P5 invite that is more than likely never coming. 

I strongly believe an 8 team playoff with a G5 autobid is happening within the next half decade. If/when that happens, the AAC championship would be a strong pathway to the CFP (barring a weak AAC year/abnormally strong MWC or C-USA year). So I'm not hanging on a P5 invite. We do need to make our conference stronger, but there are better options than teams who previously jumped ship.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

We need to follow UConn’s lead and get the f out, the aac is our sunken place.

UConn football is dead. Half of their team is in the portal. Yeah no thanks.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,337
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

We need to follow UConn’s lead and get the f out, the aac is our sunken place.

UConn has lost so many players to the transfer portal because they won’t be playing in a conferences. They will be even worse than they were this season 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

UConn has lost so many players to the transfer portal because they won’t be playing in a conferences. They will be even worse than they were this season 

I wonder if Randy Edsall knew this was the plan when he agreed to return...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

I strongly believe an 8 team playoff with a G5 autobid is happening within the next half decade. If/when that happens, the AAC championship would be a strong pathway to the CFP (barring a weak AAC year/abnormally strong MWC or C-USA year). So I'm not hanging on a P5 invite. We do need to make our conference stronger, but there are better options than teams who previously jumped ship.

I want to believe that there will be an auto bid for the G5 but if I was a betting a man...

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

UConn football is dead. Half of their team is in the portal. Yeah no thanks.

BYU, Notre Dame, Army and half of college football before 93 seemed to do just fine we should be road warriors taking on teams people care about and handing out 2 for 1’s like they are going out of style. That way our 5 games at home are ones people may actually care about instead of being 7 that people complain they have to but another game to see.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

BYU, Notre Dame, Army and half of college football before 93 seemed to do just fine we should be road warriors taking on teams people care about and handing out 2 for 1’s like they are going out of style. That way our 5 games at home are ones people may actually care about instead of being 7 that people complain they have to but another game to see.

All those teams have natural national and international fan bases. Mormons Catholics and Army. Our fan base is paltry compared to any of those three. A better comparison is New Mexico st or Umass. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The big problem is that when we go looking for teams out west for a football conference is that 90% of the games aren't football and have to fly from Boise to Tampa. Our football conference will look great on paper, but it still won't muster up enough money to make it worth it for the logistics to work out for Boise's women's soccer team to fly across the country for one game on Tuesday night in Tampa. Now if the new AAC (whatever you want to call it) scored a massive contract, I'm sure the other athletic departments in Utah, Colorado, California, etc. will be happy to say "deal with it" and vice versa when we tell CBG he's got a mid-week game 3 time zones away. MK isn't stupid and neither are the rest of the ADs out there. They'll take it on the chin for tens of millions of dollars, but they're not ******* up every other team just so that the football conference is now the unquestioned 6th best conference instead of the pretty much unquestioned 6th best football conference.

Edited by JTrue

3 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

All those teams have natural national and international fan bases. Mormons Catholics and Army. Our fan base is paltry compared to any of those three. A better comparison is New Mexico st or Umass. 

We had fans when we played relevant teams, the aac is our albatross and we must free ourselves of it before it finally sinks us. And we have a religion but half of you heathens refuse to convert to Leavittism