• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We could be losing $?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, brybull1970 said:

You're looking at him right here and have been saying it for two years:

On 6/22/2019 at 1:52 PM, brybull1970 said:

With UConn reportedly leaving the American Athletic Conference, its time for Aresco to take the bold step of raiding the Mountain West Conference to kill of its closest G5 competition. If you really want to be part of the "P6", this move would ensure that the delta between the AAC and the P5 is smaller than the delta between the AAC and the rest of the G5.

Its time to go bring in Boise State, San Diego, State, Air Force, Colorado State and lure BYU, then form a new conference leaving the leftovers of both conferences behind. My proposal would be to split into two, seven team divisions for football and a single division for basketball. Navy would continue as a football only member and Wichita State as a non-football member.

Football (8 conference games)

• 6 conference games against divisional opponents (3 home, 3 away) playing each team in your division at home once every 2 years
  • 2 conference games against cross-divisional opponents (1 home, 1 away) playing each team in the other division once every 3 years, and once at home every 6 years
  • Conference championship would be held at the site of the school with the best conference record

Basketball (16 conference games)

• 10 conference games against 10 opponents (5 home, 5 away)
  • 6 conference games against 3 opponents (3 home, 3 away)

179853687_AAC.MWCConferenceMerger2020.thumb.jpg.e6e08ab6d683502f8d7c2df4fd87b04e.jpg

I know YOU have. You have been on top of it. But unfortunately you don’t work for one of the 7/8 schools who could at least bring it up. I think you should offer your services for a nominal fee. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

20 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I think you mean, become "Leavititties."

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Get Leavittated this day or perish forever. 

Leavititties?

rick roll GIF

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Well this is interesting. Commish may already be looking for a 12th university.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Why would oppressors freely give power and money to the oppressed? If there are 32 playoff spots the P5 will aim to keep all 32 and I hope to one day join them in keeping the G5 down.

Your hope is to become an active oppressor of our current peers? That's a bit much...

Anyway, the CFP already gives us money. The AAC is one of the 11 partners of CFP Administration, LLC, which manages all the finances and operations of the CFP and the NY6 games. Each conference is a partner, as is Notre Dame. Aresco (and SMU's AD) have a hand in the pot. Everyone does. We already get paid by the College Football Playoffs.

So the only question is, does giving the G5 an autobid produce more profits. And I think the answer is yes, as all of a sudden it makes the G5 financially relevant again. P5 games against G5 schools making a conference championship run take on more value.

If there's money to be made, it will be made. And adding a G5 autobid would be a financial boon for all.

This is our best, and perhaps only hope.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well this is interesting. Commish may already be looking for a 12th university.

I don’t think the super conference is play. I think add a Colorado school, or something that can add value and makes travel sense

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

24 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Exactly it’s like trying to be an entrepreneur in North Korea. 

The P5 grabbed the power from the NCAA and started their own playoff, if their intention was to include the G5 they wouldn’t have diverged and would have worked with them on forming that solution.

19 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Leavititties?

rick roll GIF

This is a parable for what was done to our program by Doug and Judy 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

17 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I need to be running the AAC. Unfortunately I work for a financial institution so I have that thing going on.

Im hoping the Big 12 becomes the Big 14 during next conference realignment. 

12 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

Your hope is to become an active oppressor of our current peers? That's a bit much...

Anyway, the CFP already gives us money. The AAC is one of the 11 partners of CFP Administration, LLC, which manages all the finances and operations of the CFP and the NY6 games. Each conference is a partner, as is Notre Dame. Aresco (and SMU's AD) have a hand in the pot. Everyone does. We already get paid by the College Football Playoffs.

So the only question is, does giving the G5 an autobid produce more profits. And I think the answer is yes, as all of a sudden it makes the G5 financially relevant again. P5 games against G5 schools making a conference championship run take on more value.

If there's money to be made, it will be made. And adding a G5 autobid would be a financial boon for all.

This is our best, and perhaps only hope.

I think of them as prison-mates and not peers, everyone is just trying to get out and no one is happy for anyone getting out if it’s not them. The P5 started a playoff for themselves outside of the NCAA because they knew there is more money for them to make on their own and not being inclusive. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

ESPN wants the complete compliment of games outlined in the contract. AAC wants more money. ESPN may agree (maybe to keeping contract at same value) with the right add. AAC wants to strengthen its football even more. Will add team if adding team creats value and or look-in clauss. AAC wants added value or look-in clauss to attract BYU or Air Force. No one else appears to be on the table.

This is what I decipher from reading all the differing tidbits on the interwebs.

Edited by Azmodi