• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting under Coach Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,334
  • Content Count:  21,329
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I am definitely not a big TDS fan but that's one of the best ******* articles I've ever seen from them ...... with one part especially capturing my heart:

100% agree, that part of the article nailed it for me.   Any new executive coming into a company should know don't go nuts and make a lot of changes before understanding the business.   To me it seems like that is his approach. Well done CJS.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Honestly we got worse under strong in all aspects except maybe defense depends if you got total defense , ppg, or yards against.  We will lose some recruits that were coming because they wanted to be under Strong. We need CJS to bring in guys that want be apart of BullsNation and want to be apart of his culture. I am okay with erasing the StrongERA from the history of USF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,120
  • Days Won:  56

At this point, the committed guys who sign are signing because they want to come to USF - regardless of who's coaching them. Isn't that what we really want, guys who want to be Bulls?

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  2,334
  • Content Count:  21,329
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Rizman said:

100% agree, that part of the article nailed it for me.   Any new executive coming into a company should know don't go nuts and make a lot of changes before understanding the business.   To me it seems like that is his approach. Well done CJS.  

Well I was wrong.  Bye bye assistants.  He cut them free today.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Honestly we got worse under strong in all aspects except maybe defense depends if you got total defense , ppg, or yards against.  We will lose some recruits that were coming because they wanted to be under Strong. We need CJS to bring in guys that want be apart of BullsNation and want to be apart of his culture. I am okay with erasing the StrongERA from the history of USF.

this would seem to be accurate

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,492
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Rizman said:

Well I was wrong.  Bye bye assistants.  He cut them free today.  

If his intent was to bring in an entirely new staff, better to cut the cord quick so these guys can move on with their careers than to hold on to them for another few weeks and then give them the axe.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

If his intent was to bring in an entirely new staff, better to cut the cord quick so these guys can move on with their careers than to hold on to them for another few weeks and then give them the axe.  

I could care less.  They are compensated generously and their results are not worth their previous salaries.  They gave the program the axe over the losing streak and last two seasons.

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

If they couldn’t evaluate their performance last year and recognize they were getting fired then I agree we probably shouldn’t have had them evaluating and bringing in players.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I could care less.  They are compensated generously and their results are not worth their previous salaries.  They gave the program the axe over the losing streak and last two seasons.

Compensated generously and in the incestuous brotherhood of coaching virtually all will be rehired shortly with decent pay.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

8 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

At this point, the committed guys who sign are signing because they want to come to USF - regardless of who's coaching them. Isn't that what we really want, guys who want to be Bulls?

I really want guys that will get us back to double digit wins ........ don't care if they're coming for the coach(es) or the school.