• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Really Wanted Coach Strong To Succeed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

No doubt the athletes look at him like a dad...like I said In another post he would be a great mentor and counselor for the team.

Hopefully both programs will be much better in the next few seasons. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Wanting CCS to succeed makes total sense.  He is a good guy and that means we would have been winning and not hunting for a coach right now not knowing if it will even work.

Yep I was still in after BYU.  Navy was horrific, but I was still curious.

As I walked out of Navy’s stadium I knew then the season was ******. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 12/4/2019 at 10:10 PM, pioneerb said:

Please Don't take this as a troll.  As several of you guys know, i'm a hog fan first but I've been rooting for usf since day 1. My sister (no pics) graduated from usf in 2002. I signed up on this board when usf hired stan heath and tried to warn you guys. Ever since then usf/arkansas has had several connections. (Sister is an alum,Stan heath, skip holtz, Charlie Strong)

Charlie Strong and I are from the same town. I know his family somewhat its a small town around 11k people. Back in Feb/March? 2019 Charlie came back to batesville for a meet and greet. He talked about his upbringing, his coaching jobs who helped him along the way ect ect. Talked about usf. His family was there and other than his family, I was the only one wearing my USF Shirt. I was able to get a pic with him and he acted suprised when I said lets do a horns up pic. (the last two coaches i've had a pic with has been fired. Not saying i'm a jinx. Mike Anderson-arkansas Charlie Strong-usf)

Fast Forward to a few weeks ago. I was trying to reset my password and Brad finally got around to helping me get it reset. I was going to make a topic here for you guys. It was "favorite college team" for a day here for the local schools during homecoming week. My preschool son and my kindergartner had the choice between Arkansas Shirt or usf shirt. We went ahead with the usf shirt because arkansas football is on life support.

Finally, Yes I will always root for usf. USF has always been my 2nd favorite team. Sorry for making this so long.

Don't feel bad CCS did succeed in the end...He was rewarded $5 million dollars to ram this program into the ground...stay strong( get it) he'll be ok

• Me no likey 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,388
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Don't feel bad CCS did succeed in the end...He was rewarded $5 million dollars to ram this program into the ground...stay strong( get it) he'll be ok

Craziest **** thing I will never understand. How they hell did contracts ever get to the point where when you fail you still get rewarded. Wtf man... You're telling me that if a clause is written in that if you suck you dont get paid we won't be able to find a coach?

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Craziest **** thing I will never understand. How they hell did contracts ever get to the point where when you fail you still get rewarded. Wtf man... You're telling me that if a clause is written in that if you suck you dont get paid we won't be able to find a coach?

My sentiments exactly. Go figure??  No wonder we cant get an IPF built we keep supporting failed coaches with unemployment compensation...$$$$$

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

Free market.  Capitalism.  We pay because someone else will.  The other option is to regulate it.  I don't think it is good, but I don't like the other option, either.

38 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Free market.  Capitalism.  We pay because someone else will.  The other option is to regulate it.  I don't think it is good, but I don't like the other option, either.

Good point. Definitely don't want regulation but you would think some ADs would start to change the norm. Especially, outside of P5.

1 hour ago, Grateful Dad said:

This! I chuckle when I see people post that the contract is for orbits and laced with incentives...they are not selling copiers..that’s not how this business works 

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This! I chuckle when I see people post that the contract is for orbits and laced with incentives...they are not selling copiers..that’s not how this business works 

I get it but how does the University benefit from the one sided contract. You would think they would start shifting the business model over time. 

Just now, Sk00b said:

I get it but how does the University benefit from the one sided contract. You would think they would start shifting the business model over time. 

It benefits because of the “potential” return on the investment. The potential is economy inelastic...you pay regardless as you “believe” in the potential.