• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Really Wanted Coach Strong To Succeed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

Please Don't take this as a troll.  As several of you guys know, i'm a hog fan first but I've been rooting for usf since day 1. My sister (no pics) graduated from usf in 2002. I signed up on this board when usf hired stan heath and tried to warn you guys. Ever since then usf/arkansas has had several connections. (Sister is an alum,Stan heath, skip holtz, Charlie Strong)

Charlie Strong and I are from the same town. I know his family somewhat its a small town around 11k people. Back in Feb/March? 2019 Charlie came back to batesville for a meet and greet. He talked about his upbringing, his coaching jobs who helped him along the way ect ect. Talked about usf. His family was there and other than his family, I was the only one wearing my USF Shirt. I was able to get a pic with him and he acted suprised when I said lets do a horns up pic. (the last two coaches i've had a pic with has been fired. Not saying i'm a jinx. Mike Anderson-arkansas Charlie Strong-usf)

Fast Forward to a few weeks ago. I was trying to reset my password and Brad finally got around to helping me get it reset. I was going to make a topic here for you guys. It was "favorite college team" for a day here for the local schools during homecoming week. My preschool son and my kindergartner had the choice between Arkansas Shirt or usf shirt. We went ahead with the usf shirt because arkansas football is on life support.

Finally, Yes I will always root for usf. USF has always been my 2nd favorite team. Sorry for making this so long.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294

2 minutes ago, pioneerb said:

Please Don't take this as a troll.  As several of you guys know, i'm a hog fan first but I've been rooting for usf since day 1. My sister (no pics) graduated from usf in 2002. I signed up on this board when usf hired stan heath and tried to warn you guys. Ever since then usf/arkansas has had several connections. (Sister is an alum,Stan heath, skip holtz, Charlie Strong)

Charlie Strong and I are from the same town. I know his family somewhat its a small town around 11k people. Back in Feb/March? 2019 Charlie came back to batesville for a meet and greet. He talked about his upbringing, his coaching jobs who helped him along the way ect ect. Talked about usf. His family was there and other than his family, I was the only one wearing my USF Shirt. I was able to get a pic with him and he acted suprised when I said lets do a horns up pic. (the last two coaches i've had a pic with has been fired. Not saying i'm a jinx. Mike Anderson-arkansas Charlie Strong-usf)

Fast Forward to a few weeks ago. I was trying to reset my password and Brad finally got around to helping me get it reset. I was going to make a topic here for you guys. It was "favorite college team" for a day here for the local schools during homecoming week. My preschool son and my kindergartner had the choice between Arkansas Shirt or usf shirt. We went ahead with the usf shirt because arkansas football is on life support.

Finally, Yes I will always root for usf. USF has always been my 2nd favorite team. Sorry for making this so long.

Thanks for sharing...and no pics for you with our new coach!!!

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

I took a pic with him at fan day at the beginning of the season. I bought into the hype that they fixed most issues with the team, and really thought that they had a chance to compete for the conference title. I would love for him to still be here with 9+ wins going into a respectable bowl. 

I haven't witnessed anyone say anything negative about his character. He's a good man. At the end of the day he just wasn't a good fit for a program like USF; A program that needs someone to radiate excitement outwardly to energize the community, not a CEO-type to manage a program run by boosters like his previous stops were. At the end of the day, wins cure all, and his style wasn't getting many. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

As far as pics and autographs go, I refuse to get Jose to sign anything. All the others that I have autographs from have been fired.  Don't want to jinx Jose.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We all wanted him to succeed. Because succeeding means victories and fun Saturdays. Losing 14 of 18 games SUCK. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

Welcome back! I do recall when you warned us and Stan Heath’s slow down boring offense. It worked some seasons only because teams got so frustrated with USF slowing the game down that they shot nothing but air balls and bricks lol. Our local media complained about how boring USF hoops was with the slow downed offense lol. Both Heath & Strong are good people so I wish them the best. They just didn’t survive at USF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,936
  • Days Won:  12

I swore he would work out. I thought the BYU game was like Taggarts Syracuse game, 2nd half... THE moment it all turned around.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  585

12 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Losing 14 of 18 games SUCK. 

Try having your two favorite college teams go 15-34 over the past two years.

If you count this year it would be 6-18. You would think I would pick better teams.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

Wanting CCS to succeed makes total sense.  He is a good guy and that means we would have been winning and not hunting for a coach right now not knowing if it will even work.

8 hours ago, hm101 said:

I swore he would work out. I thought the BYU game was like Taggarts Syracuse game, 2nd half... THE moment it all turned around.

Yep I was still in after BYU.  Navy was horrific, but I was still curious.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,214
  • Days Won:  25

I think we all wanted him to succeed, but he sat us back. Nice guy with a lot of cash, but should have been let go after the collapse last year.