• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt and The People

Jim Leavitt and The People  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

Welcome to the CJL train brother 

I mean thanks, but I've been on it since he was (unnecessarily, partially wrongfully) fired. I have not felt an affinity for any coach since. He's an impossible act to follow regarding the reasons we love him. I read the report, and aside from the pathetic grammar and lack of punctuation rule adherence, was genuinely surprised it led to his firing. It was an issue at the time nationally (Leach, Mangino, Petrino, etc) and likely was more that than anything, otherwise I think he gets a slap on the wrist with some anger management counseling or something. Judy always did say only two things can get a university president fired - docs and jocks. I still can't stand anyone I meet named Colby, and to this day hope a giant turd lands on Brett McTurdy's face whenever he sets foot anywhere near the 813.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Not to mention, this says everything it needs to... 

image.png.2e152ec610847853bba5788c6615990d.png

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, FazaUSF said:

Not to mention, this says everything it needs to... 

image.png.2e152ec610847853bba5788c6615990d.png

Lol I remember that hoops game! Leavitt loved the USF students. Fun times back in those days 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

I mean thanks, but I've been on it since he was (unnecessarily, partially wrongfully) fired. I have not felt an affinity for any coach since. He's an impossible act to follow regarding the reasons we love him. I read the report, and aside from the pathetic grammar and lack of punctuation rule adherence, was genuinely surprised it led to his firing. It was an issue at the time nationally (Leach, Mangino, Petrino, etc) and likely was more that than anything, otherwise I think he gets a slap on the wrist with some anger management counseling or something. Judy always did say only two things can get a university president fired - docs and jocks. I still can't stand anyone I meet named Colby, and to this day hope a giant turd lands on Brett McTurdy's face whenever he sets foot anywhere near the 813.

That was for @NewEnglandBull he is a closeted CJL supporter

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

5 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

So like Kendall before Dadeland and it thought it was Miami? 

That would be the place. Home to Hot Wheels, Don Carter’s and River Boat Play House.

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

I don't think Leavitt would want to come back. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Rizman said:

I don't think Leavitt would want to come back. 

I don't think I could do it... but... scroll down his twitter feed... the guy LOVES tampa (has something on there about being a lot of places, but, he cant stop smiling when he lands in Tampa). He also loves his momma, who is in the Tampa Bay area. I think there are a lot of intangibles here. Depends on what MKs pitch to him is if he does indeed want to bring CJL home. 

Does anyone know how LRS felt about CJL? Was there ever any sentiment by the "founding fathers" of the program that firing CJL was the worst thing that could happen for the program? Does MK have knowledge of something like that from his contacts?

As much as there has been discussion of CWTs dream job being FSU, I think that this is CJLs dream job. Only he can decide if he can put the past behind him and live that dream again if given the opportunity. I hope MK gives him a chance. I still think it's highly unlikely, but, CJL's "crazy world/trust in the Lord and all things will work out" tweet makes me think there is something going on. He could be up for any number of jobs though, so, there could be something going on that has nothing to do with USF... just him being in Tampa right now makes it interesting.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

5 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I don't think I could do it... but... scroll down his twitter feed... the guy LOVES tampa (has something on there about being a lot of places, but, he cant stop smiling when he lands in Tampa). He also loves his momma, who is in the Tampa Bay area. I think there are a lot of intangibles here. Depends on what MKs pitch to him is if he does indeed want to bring CJL home. 

Does anyone know how LRS felt about CJL? Was there ever any sentiment by the "founding fathers" of the program that firing CJL was the worst thing that could happen for the program? Does MK have knowledge of something like that from his contacts?

As much as there has been discussion of CWTs dream job being FSU, I think that this is CJLs dream job. Only he can decide if he can put the past behind him and live that dream again if given the opportunity. I hope MK gives him a chance. I still think it's highly unlikely, but, CJL's "crazy world/trust in the Lord and all things will work out" tweet makes me think there is something going on. He could be up for any number of jobs though, so, there could be something going on that has nothing to do with USF... just him being in Tampa right now makes it interesting.

FSU?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

That was for @NewEnglandBull he is a closeted CJL supporter

shhhh shut up GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

Why would anybody lie about this?

You're way too "get off my lawn" for 39. I'd have never guessed you were in the Power 96 bracket.

Edited by JTrue