• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,878
  • Days Won:  67

10 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I'd slow down on the MBB hate.  This team will adapt to not having the 2 bigs.  .500 is still possible. Let the season play out.  You are right about FB, it is a train wreck.

The conference is tough and they will struggle even when they adapt, it may appear a little early to throw in the towel on the year but from my past experience with USF sports it is never to early to fold up shop, makes the losses easier to digest.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I'd slow down on the MBB hate.  This team will adapt to not having the 2 bigs.  .500 is still possible. Let the season play out.  You are right about FB, it is a train wreck.

I wouldnt go as far as saying FB is a trainwreck.   Do we have issues.  Absolutely.  But we have a freshman QB that is starting and we have actually seen some improvement during the season.  Yes we are below average and need alot of work tho.

BB however despite the devestating injury and bad start - going forward has alot of upside.

And why not celebrate the successes of the less significant programs.....the soccer teams and women BB are doing great.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

The conference is tough and they will struggle even when they adapt, it may appear a little early to throw in the towel on the year but from my past experience with USF sports it is never to early to fold up shop, makes the losses easier to digest.  

You very well may be right.  But i have probably more blind faithj in CBG then i should.  I just have a feeling that he will get the most out of this team.  No we wont be as good without Yetna of course.

But the future is bright certainly in the years to come and i have given up yet on this year.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,878
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

You very well may be right.  But i have probably more blind faithj in CBG then i should.  I just have a feeling that he will get the most out of this team.  No we wont be as good without Yetna of course.

But the future is bright certainly in the years to come and i have given up yet on this year.

I am a fan of CBG and like the future, just disappointed it is not this year, tired of waiting but believe we will have to unfortunately, Yetna’s injury and the Kiir dismissal is too much to overcome.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I wouldnt go as far as saying FB is a trainwreck.   Do we have issues.  Absolutely.  But we have a freshman QB that is starting and we have actually seen some improvement during the season.  Yes we are below average and need alot of work tho.

BB however despite the devestating injury and bad start - going forward has alot of upside.

And why not celebrate the successes of the less significant programs.....the soccer teams and women BB are doing great.

Different memory that me. I remember the guy that played the 1st two games or so being rushed, not finding his first read and then duck and cover.  Or something like that.

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I am a fan of CBG and like the future, just disappointed it is not this year, tired of waiting but believe we will have to unfortunately, Yetna’s injury and the Kiir dismissal is too much to overcome.

Yeah I get it.  The situation we are in sucks right now. 

But I'm not ready to throw in the towel for this year just yet, after 3 games.  There are creative things that can be done.  Didn't Villanova play 4 guards one year and win a Natl Championship (can't remember if they had a big man thrown in there or not).  Not saying that our current players are that caliber.

It does always seem that we have to wait till next year, over and over again.....its ridiculous.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Different memory that me. I remember the guy that played the 1st two games or so being rushed, not finding his first read and then duck and cover.  Or something like that.

I think you might of misunderstood me, BB = Basketball......not a specific person.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Yeah I get it.  The situation we are in sucks right now. 

But I'm not ready to throw in the towel for this year just yet, after 3 games.  There are creative things that can be done.  Didn't Villanova play 4 guards one year and win a Natl Championship (can't remember if they had a big man thrown in there or not).  Not saying that our current players are that caliber.

It does always seem that we have to wait till next year, over and over again.....its ridiculous.

Unless someone miraculously develops a consistent jumper it’s unlikely we will be winning many games. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 11/19/2019 at 8:23 PM, lotsofbull99 said:

CCS is going to shut down the haters starting this week, we're a lock to win the next two.

SAY  WHHHAAAAATTTTTT...???  😮

Guest Jonesy Bull
38 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Unless someone miraculously develops a consistent jumper it’s unlikely we will be winning many games. 

Yeah I agree, that's probably our biggest issue right now more than anything else.....that, and obviously Yetna was a Rebounding machine, and we are lacking there too.  This very well could be a long season, but its still way early, I want to see how things play out a bit longer at least through December before I say we are going to completely suck.