• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,481
  • Days Won:  13

On 11/20/2019 at 8:09 AM, cophbulls said:

Idk, it hasn't been a perfect year, but rough? Men and Women's soccer are in the NCAA tourney, the women in the second round. Women's basketball gave last years champs all they could handle last night and Men's Basketball (although its a year or two away) certainly seems to hold more promise than it has since Stan Heath left. Sure volleyball and cross country need a lot of work and football is floundering around in mediocrity like it has since Leavitt left and we got demoted to AAA. So a perfect season? No but could be worse, definitely could be worse. 

Few people care about anything other than MBB and Football. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
21 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Few people care about anything other than MBB and Football. 

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't celebrate the other teams successes especially when they are playing in the NCAA tournament.

GO USF Soccer this week (plural)!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/19/2019 at 9:23 PM, lotsofbull99 said:

CCS is going to shut down the haters starting this week, we're a lock to win the next two.

Did FL just legalize "it" ?????

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,878
  • Days Won:  67

39 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't celebrate the other teams successes especially when they are playing in the NCAA tournament.

GO USF Soccer this week (plural)!

I like to see the others win too I guess however if they could get away with dropping all sports except FB and MBB and put all the money into these 2 sports I am not sure many would know or care and I would be for it.  I realize Title 9 prohibits this just sayin these ancillary sports don’t draw much interest, well except sailing 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I like to see the others win too I guess however if they could get away with dropping all sports except FB and MBB and put all the money into these 2 sports I am not sure many would know or care and I would be for it.  I realize Title 9 prohibits this just sayin these ancillary sports don’t draw much interest, well except sailing 😂

Pretty sure if they shut down all other sports except BB and Football you wouldn't notice a big change in their budgets.  Their percentage of the total budget in minimal.

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Pretty sure if they shut down all other sports except BB and Football you wouldn't notice a big change in their budgets.  Their percentage of the total budget in minimal.

I hate it when you bring a rationale thought to my bloviating rants, it diminishes them even further. 😀

Guest Jonesy Bull
19 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I get that these 2 sports are the only ones that most fans want to see, including me.

But this is not just about the fans.  This is College man, this is the place where a diversity of sports is open to young people.  Whether you choose to like or support those teams is totally up to you.  But I think its great that these kids have a chance to get college scholarships to play the sport they love and represent the schools that they choose to attend.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

18 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Just thought of that is horrible. Its pretty special when the baseball stadium is sold out and you'd be awfully surprised by how many people show up for softball, every game. I've been to soccer games where the stands are completely full. I wouldn't be surprised if those "ancillary sports" combined outdraw men's basketball. All my donation dollars, 100%, go to baseball and I know I'm not the only one. Sure, baseball dollars are dwarfed by football. But there is a reason they built that shiny new baseball/softball field and its not because they were feeling charitable.  

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

13 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I hate it when you bring a rationale thought to my bloviating rants, it diminishes them even further. 😀

You'll only get those types before Happy Hour.  What's that?  It's 5 o'clock somewhere?  Strange thing I've not been able to drink often recently for various reasons - babysitting, donating blood, etc.  

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

You'll only get those types before Happy Hour.  What's that?  It's 5 o'clock somewhere?  Strange thing I've not been able to drink often recently for various reasons - babysitting, donating blood, etc.  

I here ya Cuz, I am doing a cleanse today for the 50 and over procedure tomorrow, so my thoughts will be clear and sober but the **** will be flying nonetheless, literally as well as figuratively.