• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

They were a big time program at one time, kind of like Miami.  There is no reason that both programs cant be really good again at some point.  Nebraska has a history and are the only game in town.  Everything revolves around Nebraska football in that state kind of like Kentucky basketball.  That counts for something.

That was back when they invented strength and conditioning coaches and there were 50 programs in the nation 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

25 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Maybe we can poach a few if their disgruntled recruits. 

We would if they could come through the portal!!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

One could argue that if weren't for Flowers you would still have your beloved Taggart here.

It's not that I'm a gigantic fan of Willie Taggart, but I do appreciate what he brought here, and don't really get why some people here seem so elated at his firing.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

20 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He didnt exactly do much for the offense this year at FSU

Probably one of the reasons Taggart got fired. They looked lost yesterday against Miami. Their QB was getting killed and could not make passes. If Taggart had a QB like Flowers at FSU I seriously doubt he gets fired 

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

I hope this means we can hire Kendall Briles as our next Head Coach.

Yeah cause his offense is lighting up the ACC...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Willie didn't deserve the Oregon job nor the FSU job either.  Flowers made him look like an offensive genius.  Flowers was a once a decade college QB.

With that said, FSU pulled the trigger to quick.  And one of the reasons the last coach left bc he wanted more $ for Assistance coaches and facilities. Seminoles probably will have spent nearly $1000000 per game for Willie T when the dust settles. And who the heck they gonna find for reasonable cash if they may get the hook in 20-24 games.

Frost is struggling at NE almost as bad or even worse as Taggart but he deserves a 3rd or 4th season.  Lack of a good QB is really tuff in college football.  USF FSU and NE are struggling with it. 

Edited by BullDoug

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, BullDoug said:

Willie didn't deserve the Oregon job nor the FSU job either.  Flowers made him look like an offensive genius.  Flowers was a once a decade college QB.

With that said, FSU pulled the trigger to quick.  And one of the reasons the last coach left bc he wanted more $ for Assistance coaches and facilities. Seminoles probably will have spent nearly $1000000 per game for Willie T when the dust settles. And who the heck they gonna find for reasonable cash if they may get the hook in 20-24 games.

Frost is struggling at NE almost as bad or even worse as Taggart but he deserves a 3rd or 4th season.  Lack of a good QB is really tuff in college football.  USF FSU and NE are struggling with it. 

Frost will get at least another year because he is an alumnus. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

don't really get why some people here seem so elated at his firing.

I think it may have something to do with the way he left Oregon and to a lesser degree USF.

Hey but he got paid so there’s that. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, BullDoug said:

But Frost has a good QB.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, BullDoug said:

Flowers certainly helped, I don't think anyone would argue that, but as I mentioned in a previous post, Taggart gave Q a chance at QB when other schools were recruiting him for other positions. Taggart and his staff couldn't have created an offense better suited to take advantage of Flowers and his talents than the GCO. I'd say that each deserves credit for making the other look good. I certainly agree with your last two paragraphs.