• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart fired

Guest Jonesy Bull
41 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Then we can have more money invested in ****** failure coaches for more time, sounds awesome.

Instead of crapping on every statement, why dont you come up with an intelligent solution?  Or do you have one?

Obviously Taggart wasnt good enough for you either.  What the hell do you expect?

News Flash:  Leavitt aint coming back.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

That excuse apparently has a shelf life of just under 10 years. He took bad situations, made them worse and then left the first time he was even close to moderately successful. He is the kid that always takes his ball and goes home because of the game played out he loses every single time at every single place against every single form of competition. You are what your record says you are and sadly with years and years of data CWT’s says that he is a loser.

He's not a loser in my book, so we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. He's no Saban or Swinney, but he hasn't done terribly overall in my opinion. Again, I'm thankful for what he brought here, and wish him the best going forward.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

32 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I would also mention that Q was being recruited at other positions than QB. Taggart was one of the few who gave him a chance at that position, and eventually built an offense that Q was able to shine in. It literally seemed custom built for Flowers. We may have never heard of Flowers had he went elsewhere as a DB or slot receiver. Some of you say Flower made Taggs. It could be argued both ways. Whatever the case, it worked out well here for both.

One could argue that if weren't for Flowers you would still have your beloved Taggart here.

Edited by CousinRicky

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

He's not a loser in my book, so we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. He's no Saban or Swinney, but he hasn't done terribly overall in my opinion. Again, I'm thankful for what he brought here, and wish him the best going forward.

Im thankful he was here too.  I think he has some coaching defeciencies.  But at our AAC level, he was able to recruit very well, motivated, and was able to adapt the offense to the talent and create a fun fast paced offense.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

38 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

11-2 in 2016. Whatever it took to get to double digit wins, I'll take it.

Hopefully we make up a fake 11 win championship similar to UCF.

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

and was able to adapt the offense to the talent

At the last possible minute, but yes.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

Instead of crapping on every statement, why dont you come up with an intelligent solution?  Or do you have one?

Obviously Taggart wasnt good enough for you either.  What the hell do you expect?

News Flash:  Leavitt aint coming back.

CCS is a bad coach CWT is by every single measurable and definition a bad coach too. CCS costs his salary; CWT would cost CCS’ salary and CWTs salary there is pretty close to no worse solution out there as will be evidenced by the **** hole position CWT will end up in should he on anyone else chooses to have him coach in the next few years. You know who pays $7 million to buy out a coach in or to hire a coach for several million dollars that another team paid $18 million to not coach them anymore? A team destined for failure and bankruptcy. If USF wants my opinion on who to hire when we are finally fiscally able to do so they can pay me hundreds of thousands of dollars like they do every single time they make a horrible decision.

One day away from this Board and come back to find out Slick Willie had been fired.  Guess I wasn't watching the scroll at the bottom of the NFL games.  A bit shocked.  But feel bad for his assistant Julie who has made all the moves with him starting at Western Kentucky.  Hopefully she'll stay on until they hire a new Head Coach. 

6 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

What do you call someone that loses considerably more than they win at many locations over a decade?

Just now, puc86 said:

What do you call someone that loses considerably more than they win at many locations over a decade?

Ooh, ooh.  Willie Taggart?  What do I win?

• Haha 1

Just now, CousinRicky said:

One day away from this Board and come back to find out Slick Willie had been fired.  Guess I wasn't watching the scroll at the bottom of the NFL games.  A bit shocked.  But feel bad for his assistant Julie who has made all the moves with him starting at Western Kentucky.  Hopefully she'll stay on until they hire a new Head Coach. 

He can afford to cut her a nice check to not assist out of his giant please don’t coach here anymore check.

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Ooh, ooh.  Willie Taggart?  What do I win?

All of CWTs bowl trophies