• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Improvement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

I believe the bipolar nature of this team can be attributed to its youthfulness there are quite a few true and redshirt freshmen playing.  On Offense,  giving Bell another year to teach and better align the offense will only make things better.   The defense is playing rather well.  It will be interesting going down the stretch to see how this team performs over the next 4 games.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

"Every week we run over a scrub team we start the "we are improved and give ccs a chance stuff.   The reason we are looking for improvement in year 3 is because of how craptastic ccs' regime has been to date.  We need to go bowling or he needs to be canned (probably should be either way, but going bowling means we at least finished strong and with some quality Ws down the stretch).

There has been a big separation between us and the scrub teams lately, unlike last year where we were barely beating UConn, Tulsa, etc. The problem is the separation between us and the good teams so far. I thought we missed some good opportunities early in the Navy game that could have made a difference. To me, it looks like the only thing....or biggest thing anyway...separating us from some of the better teams in the conference is the QB play. Guys are open, McCloud just hasn't been able to find them, or can't connect consistently. Our running game and OL play have made tremendous strides since week one. McCloud has shown flashes, and may end up being very good in coming years. Looks like there might be a durability problem there though.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

There has been a big separation between us and the scrub teams lately, unlike last year where we were barely beating UConn, Tulsa, etc. The problem is the separation between us and the good teams so far. 

This is the problem. We were completely manhandled by SMU and Navy.   Not acceptable.  I'm not celebrating getting back to being better than uconn, tulsa, ecu, etc.   I think CKB has made adjustments, but I'm not excusing the mess CCS has created here.   We'll see over the final 4 games

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Facts are facts, we suck until we don't. Ladies and Gentlemen, we still suck.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

48 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Facts are facts, we suck until we don't. Ladies and Gentlemen, we still suck.

That’s fine and dandy but the last football game we played, we didn’t suck.  We don’t look like a great team yet but Saturday we looked like a good team who beat a bad team, as opposed to last season where we looked like a bad team barely beating another bad team.  We’re inconsistent until we’re not, and I’d rather take the momentum going forward than throw my hands up and just say we suck. I don’t know how many games we win in these last for,  and don’t even know if we win any of those, but I’ll take progression rather than regression. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

Can’t wait to see USF to get even Stronger in the next four games. Temple game is huge as it puts us on the brink of another bowl berth!! Also keeps USF alive for end eastern division

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull

We are certainly improving on both sides of the ball.  This is all I was hoping for after Wisconsin. I contribute this more from our Coordinators than CCS.

I do agree if win 2 more games and go bowling then keep the staff intact for another year.  We could have something good going here.  As I say this im still not thrilled about keeping CCS around.  But the Coordinators and HC are a package deal.

11 hours ago, chapelbull said:

This is the problem. We were completely manhandled by SMU and Navy.   Not acceptable.  I'm not celebrating getting back to being better than uconn, tulsa, ecu, etc.   I think CKB has made adjustments, but I'm not excusing the mess CCS has created here.   We'll see over the final 4 games

Fair enough. The final 4 games will be a good barometer for this team. 2-2 would be nice. Something better would be great. 

36 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

We are certainly improving on both sides of the ball.  This is all I was hoping for after Wisconsin. I contribute this more from our Coordinators than CCS.

I do agree if win 2 more games and go bowling then keep the staff intact for another year.  We could have something good going here.  As I say this im still not thrilled about keeping CCS around.  But the Coordinators and HC are a package deal.

Agreed. I think Bell is starting to make this work, which I wasn't sure was possible given how bad we looked in the first couple weeks. As far as BJM, I like what I've seen on defense lately. I just hope that unit can avoid another SMU type beatdown over the last four games.

As far as Charlie goes, anybody know how much involvement he has, or what his involvement is on gameday as far as personnel decisions, play calling, etc.? I know he's given Bell full control of the offense. Not sure how hands-on he is with the defense. I'm assuming Bell decides which QB goes each week?

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

20 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

There has been a big separation between us and the scrub teams lately, unlike last year where we were barely beating UConn, Tulsa, etc. The problem is the separation between us and the good teams so far. I thought we missed some good opportunities early in the Navy game that could have made a difference. To me, it looks like the only thing....or biggest thing anyway...separating us from some of the better teams in the conference is the QB play. Guys are open, McCloud just hasn't been able to find them, or can't connect consistently. Our running game and OL play have made tremendous strides since week one. McCloud has shown flashes, and may end up being very good in coming years. Looks like there might be a durability problem there though.

Yes we are showing improvement...several games Uconn and Ecu our score was similar to Ucf and we were on road.  That's a good sign.

Smu that game I think was a mix of Smu bringing A game and we started slow and then game got out of hand quick. 

Navy....I think is on coaches had we made the move to Rygol earlier the offense might have helped the defense out instead of going 3 and out so much early.

At some point we will bring A game vs a good team this season I feel. 

Just continue to improve that's all I want to see the wins will sort themselves out. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1