• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Improvement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

After watching yesterday it’s clear that there’s been undeniable improvement with this team from last year. People can hate on Bell, BJM, and Strong all they want (ok some of Strong criticism is deserved) but the fact of the matter is that our offense and defense are both improved, and that’s with us using 3 quarterbacks yesterday. 

We beat a Uconn team that was improved from last season (debatable) by more than we ever have in the past. We beat an ECU team that’s better than they were last year (not debatable) by 25. ECU never had a chance in that game, unlike their game against C. 

We still haven’t found a way to beat teams that are doing well outside of BYU and GT last year, and that’s highly concerning, but obvious adjustments are being made. Gilbert got complacent, Bell is not. BJM is doing a heck of job. 

Special teams are terrible. They don’t belong in this convo and Burke needs to leave. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

The Temple game will be the real benchmark for this season. That's a team we can beat and we have them at home after a bye week. If this team has turned any corner we'll find out on the 7th.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

5 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

The Temple game will be the real benchmark for this season. That's a team we can beat and we have them at home after a bye week. If this team has turned any corner we'll find out on the 7th.

Yes agreed. If we lay an egg then all bets are off. I’m not saying we’ll win all 4 games, heck I don’t even know if we win more than 1, but there’s still undeniable improvement. 

I think a lot of people don’t realize that temple has a bye, too. It would have been much better if they had to play a game next week. 

Edited by OcalaBull2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

We have enough talent on this team we can win 2 out of these 4 games left...which I am not sure but its very possible.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

We need to use this bi-week to make us a Run First Offense!

Hope we have a great crowd to cheer on our BULLS on Thursday!!

Beat Temple . . . Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I agree, let's start this after Temple....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

After watching yesterday it’s clear that there’s been undeniable improvement with this team from last year. People can hate on Bell, BJM, and Strong all they want (ok some of Strong criticism is deserved) but the fact of the matter is that our offense and defense are both improved, and that’s with us using 3 quarterbacks yesterday. 

We beat a Uconn team that was improved from last season (debatable) by more than we ever have in the past. We beat an ECU team that’s better than they were last year (not debatable) by 25. ECU never had a chance in that game, unlike their game against C. 

We still haven’t found a way to beat teams that are doing well outside of BYU and GT last year, and that’s highly concerning, but obvious adjustments are being made. Gilbert got complacent, Bell is not. BJM is doing a heck of job. 

Special teams are terrible. They don’t belong in this convo and Burke needs to leave. 

We've had three blowout wins, and three blowout losses, which makes this already bi-polar message board a lot of fun. I think we've definitely improved as well. I think Bell is adapting, and starting to get something out of the talent he has. If we ever get any consistency in the passing game, I believe this offense could be quite good. The defense is coming together too. I know I'm in the minority here, but I would like to see Charlie, Bell, and BJM back next year, especially if they manage a couple more wins. This is different than Skip's last year, which looked hopeless by this point in the season. This feels more like Willie's second year, when things weren't going great, but you could feel a possible turnaround coming, which eventually happened. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

If we can’t pass better we will lose against better teams

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, E.T. said:

We need to use this bi-week to make us a Run First Offense!

Hope we have a great crowd to cheer on our BULLS on Thursday!!

Beat Temple . . . Go BULLS !!!

My crew will be representing.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Every week we run over a scrub team we start the "we are improved and give ccs a chance stuff".   The reason we are looking for improvement in year 3 is because of how craptastic ccs' regime has been to date.  We need to go bowling or he needs to be canned (probably should be either way, but going bowling means we at least finished strong and with some quality Ws down the stretch).