• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCloud was definitely hurt on Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

I agree. Of course many of the players are hurt but when we have two QB banged up like we do this season it is gonna be tough. Special teams and defense will have to keep on stepping up the rest of the way to earn that bowl game. If they do that I’m gonna so proud. Navy was tough but they do that to a lot of teams. The one positive I’m taking away from that game is that the defense made some plays. They are gonna give ECU problems this weekend. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Bull Daly said:

I agree. Of course many of the players are hurt but when we have two QB banged up like we do this season it is gonna be tough. Special teams and defense will have to keep on stepping up the rest of the way to earn that bowl game. If they do that I’m gonna so proud. Navy was tough but they do that to a lot of teams. The one positive I’m taking away from that game is that the defense made some plays. They are gonna give ECU problems this weekend. 

The defense actually played well enough to win the game. If the offense could score...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  685
  • Days Won:  2

Should have went with Rygol after halftime imo. Problem is, our offensive line can't block worth 💩 to keep our QB's from getting banged up. Last thing we need is for all 3 quarterbacks to be injured. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Run blocking is bad and pass blocking is absolutely horrible. At least trying to run the ball will keep our QB alive.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Should have went with Rygol after halftime imo. Problem is, our offensive line can't block worth 💩 to keep our QB's from getting banged up. Last thing we need is for all 3 quarterbacks to be injured. 

It was almost criminal to have an already hurt QB who could not lift his throwing arm too far to be playing in that game. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

Think coach waited until McCloud said uncle. That’s a fragile quarterback and it had to be ‘his’ call. I think Bell had to let it ride out that way. Now I do believe we will see a quarterback that can hit an open receiver. We have not seen that in the 5 games we played because he was hurt after game three. Our passing game is back on track and we will run the ball. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

No question that kid was hurt. He should have never set foot on the field.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

24 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

No question that kid was hurt. He should have never set foot on the field.

After a couple drives, it was obvious and a bummer.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

39 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Think coach waited until McCloud said uncle. That’s a fragile quarterback and it had to be ‘his’ call. I think Bell had to let it ride out that way. Now I do believe we will see a quarterback that can hit an open receiver. We have not seen that in the 5 games we played because he was hurt after game three. Our passing game is back on track and we will run the ball. 

So a coach is seeing someone injured and is a liability to team but keeps in the game.   Seems like bad coaching to me.

• Upvote 2