• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bell's #PlayFastScoreFaster Offense 'Ready to Go'

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

CCS is afraid of the fast rides at Busch Gardens, remember, this is Slow Coast.

Edited by lotsofbull99

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, Vivadiscordia said:

Gonna get freaky! 

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,807
  • Days Won:  0

If we score 35+ points we should have a decent year (9-4).  We score 40+ we win at least 10 games.  45+ 11 games,  50+  12 games  Last year was starting to feel like Taggarts first two years where we couldn't score more than 17 points.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

I really don't think this offense will have any trouble scoring. Simply too many lethal weapons on this team for Kerwin to utilize. Tough games will mean shootouts. The question will be the defense. How well the defense performs will determine how much the offense needs to compensate. 

If the defense is even average, then I expect this team to go far in the conference. If the defense is strong, then the sky is the limit. 

I've said it before, but I think this team has the capability for 11 wins. 

Edited by Vivadiscordia

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Vivadiscordia said:

I really don't think this offense will have any trouble scoring. Simply too many lethal weapons on this team for Kerwin to utilize. Tough games will mean shootouts. The question will be the defense. How well the defense performs will determine how much the offense needs to compensate. 

If the defense is even average, then I expect this team to go far in the conference. If the defense is strong, then the sky is the limit. 

I've said it before, but I think this team has the capability for 11 wins. 

But biggest issue can they do that right out of the gate in the first game with real game pressure and speed? I don’t think we get more than 24 points in this game but the O will get better as we move through the season, 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

I think so. Our guys are hungry. We have more on the line with this game than Wisconsin. Our seniors have a lot to prove, especially in front of a national audience. I think the offense will come out the gate firing on all cylinders. I think Blake is going to have a great game. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, puc86 said:

Playing and scoring fast? Sounds like a CCS nightmare.

It's a concern for any D-coordinator with thin areas. Quick scoring keeps the D out there longer, which is not a big deal if we score at will. If we don't and our D gets gassed from a run-heavy Wiscy, it will be a loooong game for us.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

16 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

It is a timing based passing system, so if everyone isn't 100% things can go very wrong. Have to make sure everyone is on the same page and that is easier with fewer pages. 

Temper the Valdosta State offensive expectations, if you have them. He pretty much said there will be growing pains and that last years Valdosta offense was the product of running the offense for three years. 

How true.  The fact is this is another new system for the team to learn.  First game. Running plays against people that aren't your teammates.  We won't be putting up 40 against Wisconsin. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Of all things I anticipate for the game tomorrow, it’s seeing the offense.  We don’t have to put up 46 points.  I just want to see us run a varied, strategic offense that capitalizes on playmakers.  So many times last year, I was puzzled by what we were doing/thinking.  Hope to see a glimpse of the future even if it is not as successful in the points column.  Build it baby.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Of all things I anticipate for the game tomorrow, it’s seeing the offense.  We don’t have to put up 46 points.  I just want to see us run a varied, strategic offense that capitalizes on playmakers.  So many times last year, I was puzzled by what we were doing/thinking.  Hope to see a glimpse of the future even if it is not as successful in the points column.  Build it baby.

So measured.