• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Football Post Spring Practice Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

22 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

It's very possible that we could go 7-6 and be a much better team than last season.  The OOC schedule features 3 games that will be very tough for us in Wisconsin, BYU, and Tech and 1 should be gimmie in SC State.  In conference UCF, Memphis, Temple (historically they give us trouble), Cinci, and Navy are all going to be very tough.  We could easily go 5-3 in conference and finish with only 7 wins pre-bowl but be much better when compared to last season than our record would indicate.   CCS and company have their work cut out for them this season.  

Yep. It’s put up or shut up.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

25 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Question for you now....   

What if we go 6 & 6 but beat Wisconsin......  

I’d take that. Gotta go bowling or it’s lights out for chucks.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

14 hours ago, Brad said:

But that means we beat that incredible arch-rival we've attached ourselves to (Hi @puc86 ).  Not to mention, a solid shot at that elusive P6 championship.

For years and years people have argued that the beginning games didn’t matter and as long as we win the AAC championship they would be completely satisfied even if that meant losing every game to anyone of consequence and a trip to Boca Raton for one of our illustrious bowl tie ins. In their heart of hearts they know that if we win the AAC but don’t beat anyone else there will be nothing gained or accomplished and it will be less satisfying than a no contact lap dance at a bikini strip club.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Question for you now....   

It’s better than going 7-5 and not beating Wisconsin. There are three games of consequence that stand out on our schedule prior to a possible bowl game and none of them are in the AAC, if we can’t beat Wisconsin, GTech and BYU there is no amounts of victories against Tulane and SMU that will matter.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

For years and years people have argued that the beginning games didn’t matter and as long as we win the AAC championship they would be completely satisfied even if that meant losing every game to anyone of consequence and a trip to Boca Raton for one of our illustrious bowl tie ins. In their heart of hearts they know that if we win the AAC but don’t beat anyone else there will be nothing gained or accomplished and it will be less satisfying than a no contact lap dance at a bikini strip club.

I think I’ll just wait until we actually win a conference championship before worrying about the accompanying emotions  

Honestly, though, I think I’d just stop following USF football in its present state if I had this ****** up world view of yours. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

28 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s better than going 7-5 and not beating Wisconsin. There are three games of consequence that stand out on our schedule prior to a possible bowl game and none of them are in the AAC, if we can’t beat Wisconsin, GTech and BYU there is no amounts of victories against Tulane and SMU that will matter.

What are the consequences of those games?

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

A very intriguing question ...

16 minutes ago, JTrue said:

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

A very intriguing question ...

I think the consequence of every game is you are either a winner or a loser. Sometimes those wins or losses come against competition that are more valued than others and oddly enough while I would prefer to win every game if that’s not possible I put a premium on the games over perceived valuable competition instead of the ones against teams no one has ever heard of or cares about. Odd world view, I know. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

5 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Question for you now....   

Six wins: Wisonsin, Ga. Tech, BYU and a combination of SC State and/or three P6s would be a good season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, Brad said:

Six wins: Wisonsin, Ga. Tech, BYU and a combination of SC State and/or three P6s would be a good season.

So basically the CJL special, get a few upsets  then bomb in conference play .  I can't fault you guys for being consistent 

• Upvote 1