• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Football Post Spring Practice Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

EAST DIVISION: 3. USF (7-6, 3-5)

A third-place projection could be generous for the Bulls. The offense should be significantly better, though we still don’t know how Kerwin Bell’s system will play with inherited personnel. Defensively, questions abound at linebacker and in the secondary, though some transfers could fortify those spots. And the schedule’s soft, gooey center is sandwiched by a rigid start and finish.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

Pretty accurate rankings in my opinion.  I would also have us at #3 right now in the East, maybe even #4.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

So all of a sudden we are gonna take the word of Joey speculation?

I would trust his prediction for uf (lower case one purpose) before speculation on USF. The truth is no one has any idea what our offense will look like and its effectiveness. 

1 hour ago, SpikeBull said:

So all of a sudden we are gonna take the word of Joey speculation?

I would trust his prediction for uf (lower case one purpose) before speculation on USF. The truth is no one has any idea what our offense will look like and its effectiveness. 

Why not? It’s just as valuable as anyone’s on this board....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If by valuable you mean valueless, I concur completely ...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

32 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No one on this board is a beat writer with alleged freedom of the press access to USF Football (at this time at least).  I'd say you're insulting Mr. Knight and his profession with such a low bar.  :)

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It's very possible that we could go 7-6 and be a much better team than last season.  The OOC schedule features 3 games that will be very tough for us in Wisconsin, BYU, and Tech and 1 should be gimmie in SC State.  In conference UCF, Memphis, Temple (historically they give us trouble), Cinci, and Navy are all going to be very tough.  We could easily go 5-3 in conference and finish with only 7 wins pre-bowl but be much better when compared to last season than our record would indicate.   CCS and company have their work cut out for them this season.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

It's very possible that we could go 7-6 and be a much better team than last season.  The OOC schedule features 3 games that will be very tough for us in Wisconsin, BYU, and Tech and 1 should be gimmie in SC State.  In conference UCF, Memphis, Temple (historically they give us trouble), Cinci, and Navy are all going to be very tough.  We could easily go 5-3 in conference and finish with only 7 wins pre-bowl but be much better when compared to last season than our record would indicate.   CCS and company have their work cut out for them this season.  

Very good point.  The schedule is very tough this year, and I just don't think this team is very good yet.  On August 30th, alot of people on this board are in for a rude awakening when reality sets in after Wisconsin runs all over us.  I do think we will get better as the season goes on.  Right now I still have us pegged at 6-6 or 7-5 regular season with a 3rd or 4th place finish in the East. This program still has a ways to go.

I think we outscore Wisconsin in a high flying game. Lose to GT on some crazy play. Win our cupcake game. Lose to BYU in OT. Then lose the last three conference games: 7 and 5 and play at the new soccer stadium hosting the Cure Bowl. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, USFRaider said:

Very good point.  The schedule is very tough this year, and I just don't think this team is very good yet.  On August 30th, alot of people on this board are in for a rude awakening when reality sets in after Wisconsin runs all over us.  I do think we will get better as the season goes on.  Right now I still have us pegged at 6-6 or 7-5 regular season with a 3rd or 4th place finish in the East. This program still has a ways to go.

Wisconsin will tell us a lot about this team right out of the gate.  Wisconsin turns out NFL OL every season and has for a long time and they are going to try to punch us in the face for 60 minutes with their outstanding RB.  That game will tell us a lot about our character and toughness if nothing else.