• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would The Jim Drop in on the Spring Game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

So waiting a decade to with the AAC, for a team your dad may have been dead before it was founded, should probably bring at least seconds of enjoyment for everyone.

Yeah but those few seconds are pure bliss 🤘 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

33 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That’s total BS..there is no going back to 2007. To say you are happy with living with something that was mediocre over a decade ago would be just pathetic. If that’s the case why come on the board  at all during the football season? 

I want us to win every game its just when picking which games most tickle my pickle I pick every single P5 game over every single conference game and if we were ever to part ways the only teams I would hope we would consider playing from this conference would be Cincy and Uconn. Being in the AAC means at best we can be mediocre and there is nothing that any amount of wins against other AAC teams can do about that. I could not be any more serious when I say that winning the AAC means absolutely less than nothing to me if it does not come with a NY6 game and probably victory. 

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah but those few seconds are pure bliss 🤘 

There are other ways to achieve bliss to me that sometimes last more than a few seconds and that I care more about. 

42 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

When we win the conference it will be orgasmic!!!!  Which is a good thing as I will probably be drinking from a straw at that point. 😂

its funny how all those years ago about 75% of the people who were on this board ( many who have left) were in support of getting rid CJL. The belief was that he could not take us any further. About 99% on the board were happy that Skippy was hired. Not that our program is at the kids table and we struggle there, I can see where the  revisionist history comes into play.  We long for the old days and CJL was a part of that. 

I challenge anyone to find anything I have said that did not praise CJL or in anyway seemed like I was in any way excited about the Pillsbury Dough boy that replaced him.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I want us to win every game its just when picking which games most tickle my pickle I pick every single P5 game over every single conference game and if we were ever to part ways the only teams I would hope we would consider playing from this conference would be Cincy and Uconn. Being in the AAC means at best we can be mediocre and there is nothing that any amount of wins against other AAC teams can do about that. I could not be any more serious when I say that winning the AAC means absolutely less than nothing to me if it does not come with a NY6 game and probably victory. 

There are other ways to achieve bliss to me that sometimes last more than a few seconds and that I care more about. 

Your point 1: ok, well let’s at least band together for the Wisconsin, GT, and BYU games.

Your point 2: I am old, any kind of bliss is good. But USF winning a conference championship and playing on NYD would last at least a few months for me. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

22 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We agree on many things.  But I will argue the other side. Good practice if I want to become a lawyer.  😀

That was probably by design, no?

You are too good of a man to be a lawyer! 

It absolutely was by design, but the design (including the surreptitious ousting of CJL) was incredibly flawed. 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Your point 1: ok, well let’s at least band together for the Wisconsin, GT, and BYU games.

Your point 2: I am old, any kind of bliss is good. But USF winning a conference championship and playing on NYD would last at least a few months for me. 

If we get to a NY bowl and win I will be super pumped. Winning the AAC is just as likely to lead to the Birmingham Bowl which I guess for you people that are all “yay conference championship” would be a good in and of itself but I can’t think of anything that would be more disappointing. 

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If we get to a NY bowl and win I will be super pumped. Winning the AAC is just as likely to lead to the Birmingham Bowl which I guess for you people that are all “yay conference championship” would be a good in and of itself but I can’t think of anything that would be more disappointing. 

Totally disagree. The odds are very very good that AAC winner will get the NYD bid...I would say 7 out of 10 years that will be the case. 

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Totally disagree. The odds are very very good that AAC winner will get the NYD bid...I would say 7 out of 10 years that will be the case. 

Even if I accept that math, if we happen to win in the 3 of 10 is it that exciting? Or is it actually just another disappointment?

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Even if I accept that math, if we happen to win in the 3 of 10 is it that exciting? Or is it actually just another disappointment?

Well the championship would still stay with me for months... especially this first one. Playing in another bowl game would be relative to who we actually played. But still, championships are paramount. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,554
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

But for those that feel that way, how much of it is because we're now regularly playing Tulane, Tulsa and SMU rather than West Virginia, Louisville and Pitt .... and the highest realistic goal we can look forward to is a mythical national championship?

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I can't quite answer what percentage of the excitement and fun was directly because of the opponent. I think there was an element of the excitement that surrounded playing WVU and Louisville. Can't say the same for Pitt and Syracuse. We had post Big East games against Syracuse and they didn't move the needle for me substantially. That might also be due to the state of the program by the time we played them again. To me, those teams are pretty interchangeable with SMU and Tulsa. 

I guess my point was at that time we were still at the big boys' table ........ even if it meant sitting at the end of the table, using phone books to be able to see.