• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would The Jim Drop in on the Spring Game?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

It’s not folklore where there was a goose that laid a golden egg everyday but the owner got greedy and wanted all the gold at once, so he killed the goose (wrongly thinking he could get all the gold it wasn’t giving him at the rate he desired) resulting in no more gold? He was our founding father for sure and maybe that’s a better way to describe it but I certainly think there are unmistakable parallels to what CJL was producing, the desire for more, the belief he was holding us back from it, the killing of him to get to the gold faster and the end result of less gold than he was producing prior to the murder.

Absolutely 100%

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

West Virginia dominated the BEAST while we were in it, since they have moved they have yet to bring in a B12 Championship in 7 years. Louisville was right up there in the Big East but has looked pretty mortal in the ACC. Moving up is difficult for any program even if they are successful and have history. During CJL' s tenure we were always on the move up and stayed competitive at every level, that anyone could have been unhappy with his success is unfathomable to me (Especially now that you have the 20/20 vision of hindsight and see the success we have had as we moved down in the world). 

Edited by puc86
  • Upvote 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

31 minutes ago, Brad said:

I would have been fine with that, but they would have had a lot to pay him.  They used the "cause" reason to get out of his contract.

Honesty is the best policy.
- B. Franklin

I'm in a playful mood today for some reason. Have no idea if this is accurate but since it is on the internet it must be so.

https://www.answers.com/Q/Who_said_Honesty_is_the_best_policy

The first printing of the maxim in English appeared in Europae Speculum (1599), by Sir Edwin Sandys, an English nobleman and a founder of the colony of Virginia: "Our grosse conceipts, who think honestie the best policie" - translated as "A prime concept, who think honesty the best policy." "Honesty is the best policy" is one of the most popular maxims in the English language - perhaps the most popular. In a poll rating children's familiarity with wisdom cliches, it ranked at the top - and equivalent versions exist in virtually every language. American educator E. D. Hirsch, Jr. cites it as one of a handful of proverbs that every child must learn at an early age - the earlier the better - in order to acquire good behavior.

It was perhaps the favorite motto of America's first President:

I hold the maxim no less applicable to public than to private affairs, that honesty is always the best policy.

- George Washington, Farewell Address.

So now we're going after Ben Franklin?  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

30 minutes ago, Brad said:

Speaking of goose, you are a silly goose.

A program doesn't start on day one as a DI-AA independent (or whatever we started as) and measure their effectiveness by championships in a BCS conference within 10 years of their existence.  That's foolish.

Enjoy your 4th place trophy...

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ow that hurts.

I did enjoy watching the impressive program we had and I still enjoying discussing it. 

You enjoy whatever it is that you do - your championship chases, I suppose.  And when USF wins that conference championship, I hope it meets all your needs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Would you rather be the fourth highest paid person in the NFL or the top paid person in the XFL? Is winning the championship in the AHL better than coming in fourth in the NHL? Does anyone honestly believe winning the CBI was better than losing to Duke by 1 in the NCAA? Winning isn’t everything and existing in a vacuum of good, the factors that surround the victory or the loss play as big of a role as the result. 

• Upvote 1

He wants that elusive P6 American Athletic Championship.  Let him enjoy that.

1 minute ago, Brad said:

He wants that elusive P6 American Athletic Championship.  Let him enjoy that.

Also known as the top 70 of what should be being measured.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

42 minutes ago, Brad said:

Ow that hurts.

I did enjoy watching the impressive program we had and I still enjoying discussing it. 

You enjoy whatever it is that you do - your championship chases, I supposeAnd when USF wins that conference championship, I hope it meets all your needs.

Funny you mention that.  I've been a SF Giant all my life. They won the World Series the year before I was born.  Then had to wait until, what was it, 2010 to finally see it in my lifetime. I was euphoric and actually cried because my dad was gone and he would have loved to have seen it.  

But that feeling lasted a couple of days and life went on.