• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pictures of the brutality....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Under FSS 812.015:

(6)  An individual who. . .  commits a misdemeanor of the first degree

Is that person deserving of a beating by TPD or even private security for committing a misdemeanor? The excessive use of force by TPD and private TSA security should be the whole point of this thread. The illegality of trespassing is conceded due to the simple fact that you accept the terms of use at Ray Jay when you purchase your ticket (otherwise known as a license).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Wrong! That may be a policy but it is not illegal.

Under FSS 812.015:

(6)  An individual who, while committing or after committing theft of property, transit fare evasion, or trespass, resists the reasonable effort of a law enforcement officer, merchant, merchant's employee, farmer, or a transit agency's employee or agent to recover the property or cause the individual to pay the proper transit fare or vacate the transit facility which the law enforcement officer, merchant, merchant's employee, farmer, or a transit agency's employee or agent had probable cause to believe the individual had concealed or removed from its place of display or elsewhere or perpetrated a transit fare evasion or trespass commits a misdemeanor of the first degree

I must be missing something, zonald said it was too illegal for the employee to BEAT someone for this act. Are you trying to say that the beating is allowed as "reasonable effort"?

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

Wrong! That may be a policy but it is not illegal.

Under FSS 812.015:

(6)  An individual who, while committing or after committing theft of property, transit fare evasion, or trespass, resists the reasonable effort of a law enforcement officer, merchant, merchant's employee, farmer, or a transit agency's employee or agent to recover the property or cause the individual to pay the proper transit fare or vacate the transit facility which the law enforcement officer, merchant, merchant's employee, farmer, or a transit agency's employee or agent had probable cause to believe the individual had concealed or removed from its place of display or elsewhere or perpetrated a transit fare evasion or trespass commits a misdemeanor of the first degree

lol.  Good job at citing that statute.  Now read the bold sections.  

Doesn't permit the use of force.  Just spells out that it is an additional misdemeanor.  Now, go to the assault and battery section.  That is applicable to employee’s and employer’s as well.  

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

the thing is this has been tradition for students to do forever. If anything we now live in a society where nobody can have any fun anymore without fear of breaking some rule or law or just offending or pissing someone off. We all talk about the "college" environment of games...well guess what? This is a MAJOR part of the college environment and one that I would bet many of those making the rules had a chance to enjoy in their day. This has nothing to do with "looking at me" or "entitlement" it has everything to do with be a part of the celebration, and maybe even more acurately being a part of tradition. These are peers of those on the field and this means friends and family and is it such a stretch to understand? You want to stop this? fine call the news channels, sports channels, papers and make sure they don't show these types of actions anymore. Contact those companies that put together histories on sports and have them remove references and clips of field storming, shoot we bring kids up seeing the joy and fun involved in the tradition then cry about it when they want to join in with comments like...well they knew they were breaking the law. What they know is that they are doing exactly what their parents, grandparents and fans in every school has been doing for decades and have been showcased from nearly every media outlet to show great team support with OUT getting beaten to a pulp for it.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong about this.

Running on the field is not a "tradition" anywhere. Until recently, it's been a very rare occurence, something that happened only after the most glorious of victories. And when it did happen it was spontaneous, not premeditated.

To claim that you can't celebrate or participate in tradition without committing trespass is childish and absurd.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

The african american male from the TSA that is pictured taunting the crowd should be fired along with those that abused people.

Things change.

We also sue for every sprained ankle nowadays.  They probably didn't even know what litigious meant.

Yes this is true, however my point was that to just flatly state the students should be prepared for the beating because they "knew they were breaking the law" is rediculous based on the way we showcase and cherish this tradition. As long as we as a society continue to promote the tradition we can't condemn students who wish to be a part of it.

On the flip side, if TSA really fears for their property then they shouldn't rent it out to us since realistically nobody in their right mind can expect that this won't happen during some college games. They want our money? fine but be willing to except what you KNOW will happen during some games.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

I must be missing something, zonald said it was too illegal for the employee to BEAT someone for this act. Are you trying to say that the beating is allowed as "reasonable effort"?

Figures, "reasonable effort" is not defined in the Statute.  I would guess "reasonable effort" would NOT include force.  

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

lol.  Good job at citing that statute.  Now read the bold sections.  

Doesn't permit the use of force.  Just spells out that it is an additional misdemeanor.  Now, go to the assault and battery section.  That is applicable to employee’s and employer’s as well.  

Battery is the illegal touching.  There is nothing illegal because the merchant has the right to detain the offender.  If the offender resists, the merchant can use force to defend and detain.  Therefore the touching is legal.  

You couldn't possibly be more wrong about this.

Running on the field is not a "tradition" anywhere. Until recently, it's been a very rare occurence, something that happened only after the most glorious of victories. And when it did happen it was spontaneous, not premeditated.

To claim that you can't celebrate or participate in tradition without committing trespass is childish and absurd.

sorry but I have to disagree, I'm nearly 40 and I've been seeing every media outlet showcase this tradition as long as I can remember. It isn't until recently that there has been ANY indication that it may be wrong and that generally had to do with property destruction only. Shoot even the field storming event that took place with the teams still playing was broadcast on the news with total glee.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I don't think you guys have a case here. As mentioned earlier in the thread, an event ticket is essentially a contract. I'd bet money that if you read the fine print, you'll find a line to the effect of "holder agrees to submit to stadium security."