• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pictures of the brutality....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

SCBullsfan and Jim, that was what I meant by "unless it is stipulated" If there is an agreement put that way then ok but I'm not sold that it is necessarily in the rental contract or if it is USF's policy...and therefore USF's right to break. If that was true then I guess than any relative that gets on the field (coaches and players families) should get tazered and beaten for tresspassing since USF has no authority to let them on.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Where is Bruce Lee when you need him ??

That's not true.  If you were to rent an apartment, and the landlord said, "No pets."  and you decided to allow a pet in your apartment you are violating your agreement.

my distinction is in exactly this btw. IF the contract you signed said no pets allowed that is one thing. If on the other hand the contract states that any pet damage is your responsibility and they shoot your dog when you bring it in because they don't want the potential damage to occur. Well, that's wrong and you didn't break a rule unless your dog caused damage. So the question I would ask is what did we agree to?

Have we agreed to something hard and fast as Jim said that "only those with credentials" can enter the field?If so Who decides on the credentials? If they are determined by USF and the admin gives the go ahead does this not give students the proper credentials?

Or is it that USF is responsible financially and legally for damages  therefore USF's right to set and break the rules?

I don't know but before I can say that students were tresspassing I'd have to know the answers to these questions.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Why don't you guys get it?  Fans are not allowed on the field.  If you go, you are tresspassing and subject to arrest.  How hard is that to understand?

I woulda played whack-a mole with those chuckle heads ( and YES I am prone to voilence).  

BULLS FANS need to act proper and show a little of friggin respect!    ... We can be 1000 times better than the rest of those idiots who destroy their own schools. We've been so far, so fast we alone determine the direction of our future. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Don't crap in your own bed.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

The problem I have with this entire situation was the force used by the police and those employees of Ray Jay on the field.  There was no need for THAT amount of force.  There was no imminent danger to ANYONE by storming the field.  Why not just arrest people as they are coming off the field?  Why don't you write tickets to each person that trespassed?  Just seems like the approach was WAY wrong.  Yes, trespassing is wrong and against the law, I have no problems with that.  What the students were against the law and they should be punished in accordance with same.  But use a balancing test, was the harm the student were causing equal to the force and subsequent punishment?  I really don't think anyone could reasonable conclude to such.  

There were other alternatives to what happened Saturday night.  The forced used was completely unnecessary.  BTW, that shooting the dog example is great.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Zonald,

Do you think if someone is out there running on the field that if an oficer tells them to stop and they are under arrest that they will just stop?

When the police let up they risk their own lives.  Believe it or not, there are people that will do just about anything not to get arrested.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

There were other alternatives to what happened Saturday night.

Yes there was.  STAY OFF THE FIELD!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

Zonald,

Do you think if someone is out there running on the field that if an oficer tells them to stop and they are under arrest that they will just stop?

When the police let up they risk their own lives.  Believe it or not, there are people that will do just about anything not to get arrested.

What kind of daring escape was going to take place in a fish bowl filled with officers, security, media and cameras? Were the fans going to fashion homemade weapons in order to combat the well armed officers in order to put their lives in danger? What kind of logic would afford someone to take this great of risk for so little reward? At most people were facing fines or community service , not quite worth attacking an officer over.

Zonald,

well it isn't really fair that security has to pick and choose which violators should be arrested when the entire field is obviously filled with criminals. The best solution to this is to be fair and not risk any security official's lives. Just let all the students enter the field unhindered and shut all the access out of the field...then from the stands just start taking pot shots until all the criminals are "taken care of" It's as easy as that, the tresspassers are erraticated and no one has to fear for their safety from dangerous students  ::)

SCBullsfan and Jim, that was what I meant by "unless it is stipulated" If there is an agreement put that way then ok but I'm not sold that it is necessarily in the rental contract or if it is USF's policy...and therefore USF's right to break. If that was true then I guess than any relative that gets on the field (coaches and players families) should get tazered and beaten for tresspassing since USF has no authority to let them on.

I am not sure why you would assume otherwise.  USF doesn't rent the entire stadium (luxury suites, for example, are not something that USF can control).  Why would you assume that its a USF policy and not a TSA policy?

If you look at the people on the field, they all have passes, which means that USF gave them authority to be on the field.  Players, game officials, band memebrs, and cheerleaders don't get them but they are on the official roster.  Even the State Troopers have the field passes and the TSA people have their ID badges.