• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pictures of the brutality....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Why isn't it realistic?

because as long as there has been college sports there has been storming the field. They have, do and will continue to happen. Do you want to be right? ok your right the students don't belong. Now, do you want to be realistic? If so then anyone who allows college football to occur on their property needs to understand this and deal with it. If property damage occurs then fine use force but for just entering the field? No way.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Why don't you guys get it?  Fans are not allowed on the field.  If you go, you are tresspassing and subject to arrest.  How hard is that to understand?

Subject to arrest? Ok, i'll conciede that since a ticket to the game is technically a license. You can be kicked out Ray Jay for whatever reason because of this.

However, subject to a beat-down, tazering, and clubbing? No. What part of excessive use of force can't you understand?

Moreover, when did private TSA security get the authority to conduct beat-downs along with TPD? If we're so law abiding, then what about calling TSA security's actions by its proper legal term--battery.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

Moreover, when did private TSA security get the authority to conduct beat-downs along with TPD?

I was SHOCKED (to say the least) at this too.  That would be like stealing a CD, getting caught, making a run for it, and an employee of Best Buy beats you down.  The employees at Best Buy are not allowed to do just this for a reason!  It too is illegal.  

Personally, I would file suit against Ray Jay for the actions of the TSA security, I don't see where they would have any statutory or implied authority to do what they did when there was 50 police officers there.  I would like to see how that would turn out.  Probably should be addressed.  

Great point!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just for the record.  I do not know if "excessive force" were used and that was never my point.

Also, "excessive force" is subjective and if someone believes what the officers and security did was excessive, they can bring up to the courts and let them decide.  Again, not my point.

Unfortunately, we live in a "look at me" and entitlement society.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Again, since I wasn't there, I can't say if the trespassers resisted arrest (running away from the police is resisting arrest) or not.

You already have stated you weren't there. Sure a gauge for "excessive use of force" is potentially subjective. However, you've heard, ad nauseum, from people that were there. This was clearly uphauling to witness first-hand.

Civil liberties are in place to keep authority from overstepping their bounds. What I witnessed that night was beyond an infringement of civil liberties, it was a humiliation of human dignity.

Unfortunately, we live in a "look at me" and entitlement society.

the thing is this has been tradition for students to do forever. If anything we now live in a society where nobody can have any fun anymore without fear of breaking some rule or law or just offending or pissing someone off. We all talk about the "college" environment of games...well guess what? This is a MAJOR part of the college environment and one that I would bet many of those making the rules had a chance to enjoy in their day. This has nothing to do with "looking at me" or "entitlement" it has everything to do with be a part of the celebration, and maybe even more acurately being a part of tradition. These are peers of those on the field and this means friends and family and is it such a stretch to understand? You want to stop this? fine call the news channels, sports channels, papers and make sure they don't show these types of actions anymore. Contact those companies that put together histories on sports and have them remove references and clips of field storming, shoot we bring kids up seeing the joy and fun involved in the tradition then cry about it when they want to join in with comments like...well they knew they were breaking the law. What they know is that they are doing exactly what their parents, grandparents and fans in every school has been doing for decades and have been showcased from nearly every media outlet to show great team support with OUT getting beaten to a pulp for it.

How do you know that if allowed, they wouldn't have torn down the goal posts?  How do you know that if 20,000 people are allowed on the field it won't turn into a riot.

We have seen many times, that large gtherings of emotional people can turn into a riot.

Do I think that was going to happen here?  Probably not.  But that's not the point.

I don't, however I do know that people are "innocent until proven guilty" And the logic then turns into...let's beat people when they aren't doing these things so we don't have to beat them if they do. I mean really, if the solution is force then at least wait until the kids are doing these things before you use it.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

I can keep the stewies off the field w/no violence needed..  If caught on the field w/o a pass, expulsion from USF properties & RJS during a USF events indefinitely and forfeiture of all academic records.  If caught in RJS or on USF campus property, they will be prosecuted for trespassing.  Ya think that would stop 'em.   Them some nasty apples huh?

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

I was SHOCKED (to say the least) at this too.  That would be like stealing a CD, getting caught, making a run for it, and an employee of Best Buy beats you down.  The employees at Best Buy are not allowed to do just this for a reason!  It too is illegal.

Wrong! That may be a policy but it is not illegal.

Under FSS 812.015:

(6)  An individual who, while committing or after committing theft of property, transit fare evasion, or trespass, resists the reasonable effort of a law enforcement officer, merchant, merchant's employee, farmer, or a transit agency's employee or agent to recover the property or cause the individual to pay the proper transit fare or vacate the transit facility which the law enforcement officer, merchant, merchant's employee, farmer, or a transit agency's employee or agent had probable cause to believe the individual had concealed or removed from its place of display or elsewhere or perpetrated a transit fare evasion or trespass commits a misdemeanor of the first degree

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

the thing is this has been tradition for students to do forever.

Things change.

What they know is that they are doing exactly what their parents, grandparents and fans in every school has been doing for decades and have been showcased from nearly every media outlet to show great team support with OUT getting beaten to a pulp for it.

We also sue for every sprained ankle nowadays.  They probably didn't even know what litigious meant.