• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pictures of the brutality....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

good pictures of the abuse the cops and tsa did to the students, anyway to get them sent to a local paper or something and have them published?  that would really embarrass them and help our case.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

you guys are panzies, how can a few dozen cops stop 30,000 fans?  You all should have just swarmed the field from all directions.  It would have been like the little Big Horn for the TSA

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

because some of us were told to not be the first ones to go, so we waited for others to go, and nobody went after people started getting arrested, and beat up

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Why don't you guys get it?  Fans are not allowed on the field.  If you go, you are tresspassing and subject to arrest.  How hard is that to understand?

The students did not commit the crime...

YES THEY DID!!!

Perhaps you need a refresher course on the law. This is the Florida Statute on tresspass that applies (inapplicable sections omitted):

810.09  Trespass on property other than structure or conveyance.--

(1)(a)  A person who, without being authorized, licensed, or invited, willfully enters upon or remains in any property other than a structure or conveyance:

1.  As to which notice against entering or remaining is given, either by actual communication to the offender or by posting, fencing, or cultivation as described in s. 810.011;

commits the offense of trespass on property other than a structure or conveyance.

(2)(a)  Except as provided in this subsection, trespass on property other than a structure or conveyance is a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(B)  If the offender defies an order to leave, personally communicated to the offender by the owner of the premises or by an authorized person ... or trespasses on property other than a structure or conveyance, the offender commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(3)  As used in this section, the term "authorized person" or "person authorized" means any owner, or his or her agent, or any law enforcement officer whose department has received written authorization from the owner, or his or her agent, to communicate an order to leave the property in the case of a threat to public safety or welfare.

I just wish that the TSA thugs would of tried to bring down a student that knows how to fight.  It would have been funny to see a thug get beatdown worse than Louisville or UCF did.  Too bad Man U doesn't play in Ray Jay, it would be funny to watch the police and TSA go up against British soccer hooligans.

So, you're saying that in addition to charges of trespassing, you think assault and battery would be a good idea.

Are you sure you didn't go to UCF??

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I don't recall where I read this but it was mentioned that the USF administration was ok with it but TSA was not. If that is the case, well I believe USF PAID TSA to have use of the stadium and if they gave the go ahead to get onto the field we rented then how exactly is that a crime? People can say they might cause destruction of property (goal posts) however you can't punish someone for something you think they might do. In other words it was USF's paid property for the evening and unless there is some stipulation in the rental contract that specifically disallows students on the field then TSA has no authority to take action outside of USF's wishes....and also NOT tresspassing and NOT a crime.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't recall where I read this but it was mentioned that the USF administration was ok with it but TSA was not. If that is the case, well I believe USF PAID TSA to have use of the stadium and if they gave the go ahead to get onto the field we rented then how exactly is that a crime? People can say they might cause destruction of property (goal posts) however you can't punish someone for something you think they might do. In other words it was USF's paid property for the evening and unless there is some stipulation in the rental contract that specifically disallows students on the field then TSA has no authority to take action outside of USF's wishes....and also NOT tresspassing and NOT a crime.

That's not true.  If you were to rent an apartment, and the landlord said, "No pets."  and you decided to allow a pet in your apartment you are violating your agreement.

BULLheaded,

USF's lease with TSA requires that everyone who goes on the field to be credentialed -- even TSA security and law enforcement.

No where does it specify that people without credentials are allowed to be on the field.

And I am sure USF loves it when students run on the field... news casts showing the fans storming the field make for great advertising on SportsCenter.

However, their lawyers probably hate it.  If they permitted it, USF would be liable for any damages to the field (the most expensive field in the NFL by the way) or to people.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

because some of us were told to not be the first ones to go, so we waited for others to go, and nobody went after people started getting arrested, and beat up

Which was exactly why they were so harsh with the first fans on the field .....

I'm sure this all boils down to a liability point, just like the no tossing of footballs in the parking lot .... This must have already been pointed out in one of these other threads so I apologize for the redundancy.   ;)

Edit: Didn't see Jim's last post before I posted this ....  8)