• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs. DePaul CBI Champ Game 1- in game discussion

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,475
  • Days Won:  13

If we win tonight we win the whole thing. Lose tonight and DePaul will be the Champion. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

If we win tonight we win the whole thing. Lose tonight and DePaul will be the Champion. 

This sounds like something you got off a fortune cookie...

Guest Jonesy Bull
34 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I just checked out how DePaul has performed in the tournament....let's just say that it will be a clash of two styles tonight. DePaul is AVERAGING 96.33 PPG in the CBI. On the flip-side, they are allowing 87.33. For comparison's sake, USF is averaging 68 PPG and is allowing  61 PPG, and that includes the overtime game against Stony Brook. On paper, USF has played 3 tougher opponents than DePaul has had to face. I hope we can get the W tonight and put a lot of pressure on DePaul to win in Game 2. 

I would tend to agree with this statement.  Stony Brook, Utah Valley, and Loyola Marymount (while not big traditional names) have done pretty well this year, and are a step above (IMO) what DePaul has played - Central Michigan, Longwood, and Coastal Carolina.

I'm hoping the competition level will bode well for us.....but really who knows.  Its all about matchups, who has the better preparation, and of course execution.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

Seeing DePaul in the building again may just bring a little nostalgic tear. We go back over 25 years ... back to a few games at the end of the Ray Meyer era and the beginning of Joey's, and then picking them up with CUSA and playing them for almost 20 straight years.

• Topic Count:  684
  • Content Count:  7,642
  • Days Won:  6

Again money talks with a line of USF -2 and an over/under of 152.  So money says the score will be Bulls win 77 -75.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  684
  • Content Count:  7,642
  • Days Won:  6

DePaul seems impressed with the Muma Center though I honestly can only understand about half the audio...

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,256
  • Days Won:  1

Depaul is 3-9 on the road (15-6 at home) so we must protect home court tonight if we are going to bring home the title.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Seeing DePaul in the building again may just bring a little nostalgic tear. We go back over 25 years ... back to a few games at the end of the Ray Meyer era and the beginning of Joey's, and then picking them up with CUSA and playing them for almost 20 straight years.

Yeah I remember playing those guys in the 1980s. They always came to the Sun Dome ranked.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,492
  • Days Won:  0

Well, ESPNU has a college hockey game on with 13 minutes left and the Bulls game is supposed to start in 5. 

I was on the wrong regional espnU feed....

Edited by bullstampede9922
correct

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  157

6 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:
7 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think a sweet thing about this possible victory would be that we beat a Big East time. I think they weren't too happy to have us as part of their basketball conference when we first joined. 

True but that was so long ago...those individuals are long gone.

We're we in CUSA with them as well in the mid 90s?